Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
New Website - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: New Website (/showthread.php?tid=2113)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: New Website - Pulverizer - 11-21-2011

(11-21-2011, 04:19 PM)Variable link Wrote:Edit: yeah, I can see your point now pulv. It does look better this way Smile
It was so that you could access sub-pages from one another with one click, not pressing back, then clicking the desired sub-page, then clicking read more to view it.

Quote:That would require code alteration and I don't have the free time anymore to spend for something I'm not getting paid for.
Out of curiosity, how much would you take for it? I hear Norwegians are particularly wealthy people hmmm? Big Grin

Re: New Website - TonyMarony - 11-21-2011

(11-21-2011, 08:35 PM)Pulverizer link Wrote:It was so that you could access sub-pages from one another with one click, not pressing back, then clicking the desired sub-page, then clicking read more to view it.
Out of curiosity, how much would you take for it? I hear Norwegians are particularly wealthy people hmmm? Big Grin
Well guys, thats it, i´m out of this game.
I do not know what you want to say with you last comment, but it doesnt sound polite in any way for me.
Just for your Info: I payed 1500€ for my first (business) CMS site and design and another 900€ to bring it from a custom CMS to Joomla. You can compare it with the work Kenwort did for us for free. Any more bold comments or demands?
Furthermore i´m really upset now (and it is really demanding not to use bad words right), that you still demand basic changes. This was what i wrote you now 6 weeks ago:
(10-13-2011, 11:06 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: I guess it would be good to give Kenwort some input of important things we need on the site, so he can think about adpopting early (which is commonly easier to know early).

So any great wishes and ideas here?

And you now come up with basic stuff ideas you want to have adopted? Not with me buddy, i feel like you want to make fun out of my spent work and maybe Kenwort will feel like it too.
Just for your info: I will be not available for the next few weeks due to reasons i dont want to mention here further, feel free to go on like this, but not with me.
Tony
PS: I have to correct myself: Im upset and ashamed.

Re: New Website - Rund - 11-21-2011

I guess Pulv made a (bad)  joke there? right?

I agree that it's a late sugestion, and I can live with the current system (it looks nice Smile
All good things come slowly, and there's no need to rush things now. 
I have no clue how joomla works internally, but I could give it a shot changeing it when I got the time.

Re: New Website - Pulverizer - 11-22-2011

Yeah, I suppose I have a bad sense of humour. I didn't think anyone would get offended by that, and have trouble understanding how that happened even now. I was not demanding anything, and certainly not trying to insult anyone. I hadn't seen the site before, thought it looked great and just had a little suggestion for it. I don't know what else to say.

Re: New Website - slash [fin] - 11-24-2011

New site looks really good! Smile

Re: New Website - Bubba - 11-24-2011

^Agreed. I like the look and all the texts are brightly visible but nice looking!

I assume a chat box is not going to be seen on the current homepage? If nothing else, It was good for announcing coming non-official coop nights.

Re: New Website - kenwort - 12-05-2011

If you sometimes wonder why you are logged out then it's because you are accessing the website with www in front of the url. Access this forum with non-www in front of the domain e.g.  ciahome.net/forum/

I'm working on a fix.

Re: New Website - Rund - 12-11-2011

Omg! remove the snow effect asap! My eyes!

no seriously, that's something that was cool in the 90's when javascript was still new... Now it's something people add on their pink myspace pages.

Re: New Website - kenwort - 12-11-2011

(12-11-2011, 08:40 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote:Omg! remove the snow effect asap! My eyes!

no seriously, that's something that was cool in the 90's when javascript was still new... Now it's something people add on their pink myspace pages.

What are you talking about, there's no snow on this page. You need to go outside get some fresh air you're starting to see things  ;D

Re: New Website - Rund - 12-14-2011

Hehe, good boy  ;D