Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Air to ground training mission - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Air to ground training mission (/showthread.php?tid=2098)

Air to ground training mission - stoops417 - 10-18-2011

So I'm done with the first pass at this training mission.  Its definitely got room for improvement but for the moment this is a good start.

Its primarily designed with the thought of one or more players acting as the FAC (Forward Air Controller).  These players need to use the available transports to get to the red areas marked on the map and guide in CAS. 

A couple pointers:

As a FAC the most potent weapons you have are the munitions of the aircraft you are guiding, so don't worry about implementing the ones you are issued.

Safety is priority one both for you and the aircraft, each one of you is useless without the other.

The aircraft does not know what to expect unless you tell them.  Most important are potential threats to them (everything is a threat to you) and a suggested attack direction with (hopefully) a safe Egress direction.

Communication is KEY!  Just make sure you are giving the aircraft the information they need, and that they are giving you the information you need.

I'm looking forward to getting feedback (assuming nothing is broken) And going forward to make some improvements to make the practice and training more effective.  Its the first mission I've created so feel free to lay into me with suggestions and your thoughts Smile

Re: Air to ground training mission - Bubba - 10-18-2011

Damn! Are you trying it tonight? I would have wanted to try this so badly!

Re: Air to ground training mission - stoops417 - 10-19-2011

Variable and I tested it quickly (it works!)  But I already see a few adjustments I need to make.  Its useable in its current form but I would like to place a few more markers on the map and see if I can put some tips in the notes.  I'd really like to make the vehicles respawn but I haven't attempted that yet.  Anytime someone is willing or able to test it out just shoot me a pm and I'll do my best to be there!

Re: Air to ground training mission - stoops417 - 10-21-2011

I sent V1.1 over to Variable today.  I added some map markers and got the vehicle respawn up and running.  I think that should be good until I get some feedback.  There are four occupied villages with a variety of targets.  After I get some feedback on what everyone would like to see more of and what target types I missed I'll be able to update it with some more hostile areas and whatever other fixes are needed.

Re: Air to ground training mission - Variable - 10-21-2011

Uploaded - trng11_air_to_ground_practice.takistan.pbo
Thanks Stoops!

Re: Air to ground training mission - stoops417 - 11-29-2011

Thinking about the upcoming co-op, I'm feeling a bit rusty.  Anyone up for getting some practice in sometime this week?

Re: Air to ground training mission - kenwort - 11-29-2011

I'm up for it stoops. Talked about this with Variable the other night. We should definitely play more FAC coops, stoops... it rhymes  ;D