Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Oslo Bomb - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Oslo Bomb (/showthread.php?tid=2043)

Oslo Bomb - Anguis - 07-22-2011

Well, OL, I hope you're safe. If so, what's the story?

Re: Oslo Bomb - Overlord - 07-22-2011

I'm good thank you, living 600 Km away.

No one seems to know anything yet, exept it's one (confirmed) or two bombs blown in the governmental quarter in Oslo. The confirmed carbomb went off close to key ministry buildings (prime minister, treasury and energy).
Most official spokespersons claim it's a terrorist act (but what isn't these days?), but they don't have a clue why or hwo's behind.
Here's a google-translated link from national broadcaster (NRK)

Thay have found two deads so far, and several injured. But then again, what do you expect at 15:30 Friday afternoon in Norway? Everyone has gone home from work anyway.

Latest is rumors about some shooting at one of the ruling partys youth camp (AUF).

Re: Oslo Bomb - Anguis - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 06:48 PM)Overlord link Wrote: I'm good thank you, living 600 Km away.
Good to hear. I figured you would be, but, on the off-chance you could be found in the capital today. . .
Quote:Latest is rumors about some shooting at one of the ruling partys youth camp (AUF).
Yeah, I just noted this - reported twitter post sounds bad.

Re: Oslo Bomb - Overlord - 07-22-2011

Seven dead in Oslo ftm, unknown on Utøya (the second incidente) [unconformed 12 dead], but reports on several deads there to. Wonder if this is a "domestic" attac of some sort, some political stuff.
Guess what's going to happend after this? Regarding our "relative" freedome to do, act and travel as we want?

A Twitter feed following AQ threaths, seems like they have even worse maps than in AA2....

Bad news: Oslo is the home town of our dear player Cormorant, how are you man?

Re: Oslo Bomb - Overlord - 07-23-2011

Sadly enough, as it turns out, my first fear was right.
The maniac is a homegrown lunatic, able to place a (suspected homemede fertilizer) bomb inside a government building. Then take off to a youth camp (AUF on Utøya) killing over 80 youths there, it was a gathering for people between 14-18 year.

If anyone have seen pictures from central Oslo, it looks like a warzone. International media (yes, I watch those more than national) is concerned about the cost of this attac. I can assure you all, that doesn't matter. It's the people killed, injured and their relatives we think about. We are a small country (counted by heads), we all need to look after each another.

So, is it anyting wrong with my country when one single guy is able to kill 1oo+ people he never have seen before? Or is it something wrong in his screwed head?
I vote for the latter, I won't change my way of life cause of this. Next time it could be me beeing killed, but then I died in a free country, rather than living in 1984.

If this is the risk to take, I do it right away.
Noone is ever able to take away my right to do what I want, when I want,  in my own country!

And to leave self-pitying, a great soul voice died today, Amy Whitehouse. I won't judge her, or her way of life, but her voice was fantastic. Tradgedy walk in pairs.

Re: Oslo Bomb - Variable - 07-24-2011

Hey guys, Cormorant (Chris) sends that he is ok. I am the currier since he can't log on to the forums for some reason.
It's a terrible tragedy, I hope you Norwegians will only become stronger in the aftermath of this horrible act.

Re: Oslo Bomb - cormorant - 07-24-2011

It's probably the first time anyone has had a first post that went like this:

Hello everyone, I'm Cormorant, and I'm alive and well.

The past few days have been trying. We haven't had an incident like this since 1945.

Anyways, glad to finally join the forums.

Re: Oslo Bomb - Overlord - 07-24-2011

Hi Chris, good to hear you are well, a lot of people have a hard time these days.

Re: Oslo Bomb - Osku - 07-25-2011

No doubt it was a shock for your peaceful country... too many dead people in a one go. But if putting things in correct proportions - remember, that over 150000 people die every day in this world, for various reasons. There's no point mourning or feeling excess despair because of them (we would only lose our minds if we did so).

I don't mean to sound coldhearted, but to think positive: despite how hard the news-media tries to fill our minds with fear - as long as this kind of tragedy won't hit you, nor your family, friends or relatives; then life goes on as it was. You'll live to try your luck for another day. Nothing is certain. It is an absurd world.

I AM very relieved you all are okay.

btw. happened to find this almost unbelievable article (is that even true?):

http://kotaku.com/5824147/oslo-terrorist-anders-behring-breivik-used-modern-warfare-2-as-training+simulation-world-of-warcraft-as-cover

Re: Oslo Bomb - jäger - 07-25-2011

(07-25-2011, 09:58 PM)Osku link Wrote: btw. happened to find this almost unbelievable article (is that even true?):

http://kotaku.com/5824147/oslo-terrorist-anders-behring-breivik-used-modern-warfare-2-as-training+simulation-world-of-warcraft-as-cover

The news topic is real, but it is nearly impossible to train with CoD any skills related to firearms (my friend had CoD:MW on his laptop, when I had Really boring day at the barracks) The only thing that I can imagine  single person could take advantage of video games (ArmA series included) is learn estimating distance and 'lead' to moving target.

Re: Oslo Bomb - Overlord - 07-26-2011

Norway is weeping

[Image: 9ceeb7142151056.jpg]

Well Osku, in such circumstances you can never be sure if some of your dear one is involved.
It's still almost unreal to me, that one guy go off killing dozens of youths (13-14 year young and up) on a summer camp, with cold blood and hot rounds. I don't bother with the bomb, I just try to grasp the sorrow of the people who lost their mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughther.

I know you have had mass killings in Suomi too, don't try to tell me you was unaffected by them.
And it's even worse when it turns out to be a homegrown waco, the latter decade we have been told all murderers and terrorists are islamic fundamentalists. I bet your school shooters don't even know how a mosque looks like, and our nutcase think he is some sort of a Night Templar, and even worse, he still believe he did Norway and Europe a big favour.

As a tribute to the victims, I suggest you all visit this one. It's my pity attempt to give a big Thank You, from my heart, for all support we got from all over the world, especially to each and one single Scandinavian.

The song played is Lys og varme, regarded as Norways "second" national anthem. In this edition, performed by the song-writer himself (Åge Aleksandersen), joined by the Swede Björn Afzelius and Dane Lars Lilholt.
And Kyösti Rautio give a real attempt to play the original (he got it almost 96% right thou).

This is not ment to be some sort of nationalistic declaration, it's only an attempt to show how small nations stands together when tradgedy hit.

I wish to close by reciting a bit of I dag står flaggstangen naken by Nordahl Grieg:
Vi er så få her i landet, hver fallen er bror og venn.
Vi har de døde med oss den dag vi kommer igjen.

(We are so few in this country, every fallen are brother and friend.
We have the dead with us the day we'll be back.)
It's not appropriate to rip up the bckground of this poen just now.

And when we come back, we are a changed people. Dunno how, but we must be. If not, we wouldn't be normal.

Re: Oslo Bomb - cormorant - 07-28-2011

(07-26-2011, 01:28 AM)Overlord link Wrote: Norway is weeping

[Image: 9ceeb7142151056.jpg]

Well Osku, in such circumstances you can never be sure if some of your dear one is involved.
It's still almost unreal to me, that one guy go off killing dozens of youths (13-14 year young and up) on a summer camp, with cold blood and hot rounds. I don't bother with the bomb, I just try to grasp the sorrow of the people who lost their mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughther.

I know you have had mass killings in Suomi too, don't try to tell me you was unaffected by them.
And it's even worse when it turns out to be a homegrown waco, the latter decade we have been told all murderers and terrorists are islamic fundamentalists. I bet your school shooters don't even know how a mosque looks like, and our nutcase think he is some sort of a Night Templar, and even worse, he still believe he did Norway and Europe a big favour.

As a tribute to the victims, I suggest you all visit this one. It's my pity attempt to give a big Thank You, from my heart, for all support we got from all over the world, especially to each and one single Scandinavian.

The song played is Lys og varme, regarded as Norways "second" national anthem. In this edition, performed by the song-writer himself (Åge Aleksandersen), joined by the Swede Björn Afzelius and Dane Lars Lilholt.
And Kyösti Rautio give a real attempt to play the original (he got it almost 96% right thou).

This is not ment to be some sort of nationalistic declaration, it's only an attempt to show how small nations stands together when tradgedy hit.

I wish to close by reciting a bit of I dag står flaggstangen naken by Nordahl Grieg:
Vi er så få her i landet, hver fallen er bror og venn.
Vi har de døde med oss den dag vi kommer igjen.

(We are so few in this country, every fallen are brother and friend.
We have the dead with us the day we'll be back.)
It's not appropriate to rip up the bckground of this poen just now.

And when we come back, we are a changed people. Dunno how, but we must be. If not, we wouldn't be normal.

+1. Very nice post, Overlord. Smile