Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
[CiA] Mission List - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [CiA] Mission List (/showthread.php?tid=1929)

Pages: 1 2

[CiA] Mission List - Osku - 10-14-2010

List of [CiA] Arma 2 Server Missions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JCI9T2nEdnhIQep6ldFKZwa29eHV4oDBhTf66tboNUo/edit#gid=989518104
redone in summer 2011: now sorted by filenames, and editor-defined names of the missions have been removed through editing. In-game mission browser now works in good ol' OFP-style.

Re: Missions List - Variable - 02-15-2011

Great Osku! I will be using it from now on for marking good and completed missions.

Re: Missions List - Osku - 02-15-2011

Note that it's seriously out-of-date, missing lots of missions. I'll refresh it soon.

EDIT: update complete. Also found and deleted few duplicates.

Re: Missions List - Variable - 03-12-2011

I made a few adjustments to the list, added author column, put description and authors to all Kyllikki missions. and marked some missions for completion.
The list is now viewable on the web.

Re: Missions List - Variable - 07-09-2011

I have updated the mission list after testing most missions for four, five, six, seven and eight players (and some more). By testing I mean reading the briefing and launching the mission. Not actually playing through it all. Missions that are either broken, respawn and revive or plain stupid were marked with red. I added some description in the comments column so we could know what each mission is about before playing it.
missions that look interesting and professional, or just seems fun are highlighted in yellow. These are  missions that are recommended by me.

Re: Missions List - Overlord - 07-09-2011

When you "stumbel over" (in lack of better wordings) stupid missions, just delete them from server. I know it's a pain where the sun never shine, due to AA2 mission naming, some missions is impossible to find. Or I could do a "wwekly deletion" if you want.

If you see an easy solution, or have suggestions of how to fix the mission, please add a comment of it.

Anyway, good job, should be done ages ago, or even better, test mission locally before upload. Will reveal if it's instant spawning.

Re: Missions List - Variable - 07-09-2011

(07-09-2011, 10:16 PM)Overlord link Wrote:When you "stumbel over" (in lack of better wordings) stupid missions, just delete them from server. I know it's a pain where the sun never shine, due to AA2 mission naming, some missions is impossible to find. Or I could do a "wwekly deletion" if you want.

If you see an easy solution, or have suggestions of how to fix the mission, please add a comment of it.

Anyway, good job, should be done ages ago, or even better, test mission locally before upload. Will reveal if it's instant spawning.

Yeah, once I will finish (I want to review all missions that have slot numbers adequate our attendance lately) I will delete the bad ones. Some missions don't load and prompt - "mission include link to static object, re-save it in editor". Any idea what that means? Will re-saving in editor will actually fix that? Anyway, I noted missions that have this error.

Re: Missions List - Overlord - 07-10-2011

I think those "re-save-missions" needs to be un-pbo'ed, loaded in editor, and exported to MP mission. As I've understanded, it often occours if mission is made in vanilla A2, and played on A2-OA server. The re-saving will add proper links and delete oboselte once. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have fixed several missions this way (Pulv, Zwo?? You are the hacker-brains here ...)

Re: Missions List - Nikiller - 07-10-2011

(07-10-2011, 04:08 AM)Overlord link Wrote:I think those "re-save-missions" needs to be un-pbo'ed, loaded in editor, and exported to MP mission. As I've understanded, it often occours if mission is made in vanilla A2, and played on A2-OA server. The re-saving will add proper links and delete oboselte once. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have fixed several missions this way (Pulv, Zwo?? You are the hacker-brains here ...)

Yes reload it in editor and resave it, it fixes the error "mission include link to static object, re-save it in editor". This error occur when the mision has been made with an old ArmA2 version.

If you want to have nonbuged mission on your server you should standardize the testing process and use -ShowScriptError parameter in your shorcut.

* Map names must be in the format: coXX_name.island.pbo or coXX@_name.island.pbo. The @ sign signifies that there are other than vanila addons or islands used in the mission. Do not use spaces, use The underline instead _. Makes sure the title is in lowercase letter only so it can be played and tested on a linux server. Make sure the mission is named properly in the correct format in the mission selection screen. This can be edited in the mission.sqm (briefingName="coxx_mission_name"), this can be done also in the "intel" part in the editor when you make the mission. When you save the mission it should be in lowercase with no spaces, this will name the actual pbo file.
* Extra Parameters working: ie Day/Night, Intro on/Intro off, etc.
* Mission Name and Description in slot section screen.
* Mission Name in Briefing.
* Spelling and Grammar.
* Spectate Mode.
* Tasks with links
* Links to objectives.
* Minimal Lag.
* Objectives/tasks Check off when completed.
* Mission Ends when ALL Enemy/Players are Dead.
* Mission Ends if Completed.
* Intro longer than 30 seconds need to have a intro on/off option.

CONSIDERATIONS

* Version number for testing. (It can be removed after final approval)
* SETCAPTIVE FOR TESTING.
* GPS Is nice for Multiple Objective Missions.
* Proper weapon load outs.
* Playability (Good game flow).
* Hint for completed Objective.
* Night vision in Night missions (remember to add if you have day/night option).
* Enough Vehicles for all Players when required.
* Make Start fairly close to Objective so players dont to run too far.
* When Multiple Objectives need to be completed Make End Trigger depending on all Objectives being done.

I also noticed a lot of missions on CiA server with scripting error messages looping during the whole mission time. It becomes a big performance issue if you play the mission during 45min.

I know it's a boring process but it can save a lot of time in the long run, the server performance is greatly increased and the mission quality is better.

cya.

Nikiller.

Re: Missions List - Osku - 07-26-2011

few updates

-I tried re-saving few missions  that give the error message "static link object...blahblah.. open and save again" - but they still not working. Any more ideas?

-removed respawns from few missions. For details see the new column "Fixed".
For the record: (correct me if I remember wrong) Respawn setting in description.ext must be set to GROUP to serve our purposes. That way join-in-progress works. If set to NONE, the joining player will spawn into a bird straight away.

-deleted few shitty missions that are known to crash the server (they are now strokethrough in the list)

Re: Missions List - Overlord - 07-26-2011

That re-save has always worked for me, what program do you unpack with? And are you running any mods when doing it (other than OA/FDF/Thirsk)?

Thanks for the respawn-info, had been trying to sort that out, but never succeeded.

One note, when opening a mission, rename it in editors "Info" tab too, like mission type, # of players, name, (basically paste filename without island name).
This will show mission in browser like e.g co03_dirty_deed, sorted by mission type, then amount of players, then name. I've always hated the option to alter mission/file name there, hard to find the right mission in speed.

Re: Missions List - Osku - 07-26-2011

(07-26-2011, 07:44 PM)Overlord link Wrote:That re-save has always worked for me, what program do you unpack with? And are you running any mods when doing it (other than OA/FDF/Thirsk)?

Hmm, strange. I didn't have any addons loaded, just BAF and PMC. I unpacked with Eliteness.

(07-26-2011, 07:44 PM)Overlord link Wrote:One note, when opening a mission, rename it in editors "Info" tab too, like mission type, # of players, name, (basically paste filename without island name).
This will show mission in browser like e.g co03_dirty_deed, sorted by mission type, then amount of players, then name. I've always hated the option to alter mission/file name there, hard to find the right mission in speed.

Yeah that came to my mind too. But perhaps better way is to just clear the name field. If it's empty then the server will show the real filename anyway. Then it wouldn't matter if the filename is changed sometime laters.

Just a thought; with some basic programming knowledge it might be possible the make a batch file that would unpack ALL server missions and automatically clear the mission name field in description.ext (or wherever it's stored). Oh damn - this would actually be major improvement for the missions browsing!

Re: Missions List - Variable - 07-26-2011

(07-26-2011, 08:02 PM)Osku link Wrote:Just a thought; with some basic programming knowledge it might be possible the make a batch file that would unpack ALL server missions and automatically clear the mission name field in description.ext (or wherever it's stored). Oh damn - this would actually be major improvement for the missions browsing!

If you could do that it would be awsome! What mission name the statistics website will log in this case?

Re: Missions List - Overlord - 07-26-2011

(07-26-2011, 08:02 PM)Osku link Wrote:Hmm, strange. I didn't have any addons loaded, just BAF and PMC. I unpacked with Eliteness.
Try cpbo (dos prog) once, it's usally working well, and export as MP mission from editor.

Quote:Yeah that came to my mind too. But perhaps better way is to just clear the name field. If it's empty then the server will show the real filename anyway. Then it wouldn't matter if the filename is changed sometime laters.
Even better idea  ;D

Quote:Just a thought; with some basic programming knowledge it might be possible the make a batch file that would unpack ALL server missions and automatically clear the mission name field in description.ext (or wherever it's stored). Oh damn - this would actually be major improvement for the missions browsing!
That will require that field is stored in the exactly same place in every mission... Dunno of it's possible.

(07-26-2011, 08:04 PM)Variable link Wrote:If you could do that it would be awsome! What mission name the statistics website will log in this case?
The filename will be the default mission name then. Can't hurt, does it?

Re: Missions List - Osku - 07-27-2011

Quote:Just a thought; with some basic programming knowledge it might be possible the make a batch file that would unpack ALL server missions and automatically clear the mission name field in description.ext (or wherever it's stored). Oh damn - this would actually be major improvement for the missions browsing!
Quote:That will require that field is stored in the exactly same place in every mission... Dunno of it's possible.
Quote:If you could do that it would be awsome!

I'm not qualified to do the programming... but it starts to look this doesn't need nearly any. I managed to make little batch files in windows cmd line to unpack & repack mission PBOs, and Notepad++ can modify multiple mission.sqm files. Still need to figure out how to use regular expressions to match any text in briefingName="xxxx";.

EDIT: Got it.