Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
[SP] Village De-Pacification - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [SP] Village De-Pacification (/showthread.php?tid=1756)

[SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-07-2009

Like a virgin...editing missions for the very first time.... Big Grin

Go check it out! Some feedback would be nice.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34428.0

I figured I would start out slow by making an SP mission first. But if this works out, then I could try converting it to MP. Hey, it could hold up to 24 slots!

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - Marto - 12-08-2009

Nice - I'll try it a bit later today.

Go ahead and convert the AI slots into playable slots and we can upload it to the server. I'm sure Zwobot, myself or someone else would be happy to do a quick check to see it should work in MP - as long as you have no complex scripts, into or outtro?

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-08-2009

(12-08-2009, 12:00 AM)Marto link Wrote: Nice - I'll try it a bit later today.

Go ahead and convert the AI slots into playable slots and we can upload it to the server. I'm sure Zwobot, myself or someone else would be happy to do a quick check to see it should work in MP - as long as you have no complex scripts, into or outtro?

Thank you. Enjoy.  Smile

As for MP convertability...how complex is "complex?"  Tongue I made two "outros" and they're both about 8KB long. (They're not really outros, because they play before the debrief window). I commented the more complicated one. There's also a short "intro" (but after briefing) and scripted radio chatter between several groups. There's also a whole bunch of triggers and one-line scripts in activation fields. Feel free to un-PBO and have a look. Sadly, I just realized that the outros use createvehicle and createunit. That won't work for MP, will it?

I have a hunch that it would be MP compatible if the cutscenes were cut out and playable slots added, though.

Well, even if I have to rebuild the mission from scratch, it won't be as hard, because I can just copy lots of stuff.  Wink

Outtros and intros do not work in MP. Only cutscenes.

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-08-2009

Sorry. I think I spread confusion.

There is no intro and no outro. There are some cutscenes that I was loosely calling "intros" and "outros." They're not what the OFP engines consider intros or outros. Tongue

Or did I misunderstand you?  ???

No that's right, cutscenes within the mission will work in MP, just remember these happen in real time, so don't do them when enemy are near players...

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-09-2009

Did you like it?  Tongue

I'm afraid I won't be able to work on it for the next few days. I've got two days to finish a college paper and I better commit all of my brain energy to that.  Wink

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - Killerbob - 12-10-2009

i took this mission for a little test drive when i had a spare 20minutes, i didnt finish it, but just about cleared the town, obviously i cant comment on all the mission but from what i saw it was a well put together mission. nice camera angles/movement. it would be nice if you used custom audio files for radio chatter but then thats just being picky.  Big Grin

good job

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-10-2009

(12-10-2009, 07:03 PM)Killerbob link Wrote: i took this mission for a little test drive when i had a spare 20minutes, i didnt finish it, but just about cleared the town, obviously i cant comment on all the mission but from what i saw it was a well put together mission. nice camera angles/movement. it would be nice if you used custom audio files for radio chatter but then thats just being picky.  Big Grin

good job

Thank you.  Smile

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-12-2009

Version 2.0 uploaded! Have fun.

Next thing I'll do, unless someone reports a major bug, is make an MP version. I may have to cut out the ending cutscenes in MP till I learn how to work with createunit and createvehicle in an MP mission.

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - Killerbob - 12-12-2009

(12-12-2009, 07:39 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: Version 2.0 uploaded! Have fun.

cool, i give it whirl when i have some free time

re. CreateVehicle in MP, just remember this command creates a vehicle on all connected machines so if you want to create just the one try running the script only on the server machine, server side scripts are often helpful

have a game logic called server (or any other name). then in your script start with the line ?!(local server):exit this will ensure non server machines dont run the script

apoligies if you already know this

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-18-2009

(12-12-2009, 09:25 PM)Killerbob link Wrote: apoligies if you already know this

No, I didn't, thanks.

BTW another version uploaded. There were some major issues, so MP version is getting postponed a little further...next time for sure!  Big Grin

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - RKDmitriyev - 12-31-2009

New version, with custom sounds! Unfortunately, there also seems to be a major bug.

After the player's retry position is saved, which happens when the resistance approaches the town, and he reloads to that position (say after dying), it seems that the radio transmissions won't work. The game gives me an error dialog box that says "cannot find radio transmission smallarmor" or whatever the name of the radio transmission is. It's as though the game has forgotten the description.ext file. This does NOT happen when the player goes all the way through without reloading (but that's kinda hard, in a mission this difficult). I'm stumped.  >Sad Hopefully this will be fixed in a future version.

Any tips? Tongue

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification - cia_kid - 01-13-2010

I'll give this a go, sounds really good by the other comments.