Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
AmmoCrates - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: AmmoCrates (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

AmmoCrates - TonyMarony - 05-01-2005

Hiho,
got a litle prob in editing a train mission for AT´s (as i said in Guestbook).
I would like to build a mission where i can train with the different AT launchers in fdf.
For this it would be good (of course) to have an ammocrate where all kinds of launchers and ammo are in. So far so good. But as im a noob im missionediting, I couldn´t find out, how to do this. Now thats bad!
So, can anyone sai me how to do it, or just give me a link to a "How-to-build-Ammocrates"-Page?
That´s all folks. Thanks and greets!

Tony the missionbuildernoob Marony :-)

Re: AmmoCrates - TonyMarony - 05-08-2005

Hmm, well looks like this one was too easy for you guys (... but not for me :-)!)
Anyways, I found such a Train-Mission in the web and somehow i could manage to de-PBO this mission. So i could load it in the editor and had a look where the ammocrates are placed. Hehe, now i know at least where a few of the finnish AT - launchers are!
But i would still be pleased if anyone could give me a little help with the (Editor-) Names of the russian AT-Wepons in FDF, because i cannot find the rpg7´s and i want to add them via the init - field in my crates.

Greets!

Re: AmmoCrates - Balschoiw - 05-11-2005

Hi Tony !

Here are the classnames you have been asking for:
Weapon Ammo
FDF_55s55Launcher FDF_55s55LauncherMag
FDF_66kes75Launcher FDF_66kes75LauncherMag
FDF_66kes88Launcher FDF_66kes88LauncherMag
FDF_apilasLauncher FDF_apilasLauncherMag
FDF_RPG7Launcher FDF_RPG7LauncherMag
FDF_rpg7vLauncher FDF_rpg7vLauncherMag

You can read the missionediting.html file in your fdf installation folder/readme for all the names of weapons, amm, faces and vehicles.

Re: AmmoCrates - TonyMarony - 05-12-2005

Sup, very good info! Thx!
That brings me one step further (Phewww). Real hard work for me, but also fun!
Thx to King Nothing too, who reminded me of the cook book!

Greetings
Tony

Re: AmmoCrates - TonyMarony - 10-05-2006

...wow, and the Battle still rages on, even one and a half year later! Great!

Although the mission is playable, it has a small error with the rpg7V. First i thought it´s just a problem of my Installation, but Variable said yesterday, he has the Error too.

So lets get this bastard out of there!

Ther error is, that the RPG7V launcher in the ammocrate has the wrong optics.

Now that i kow that this is not only occuring at my pc, i put a rpg7V Unit in the mission as player insead of the fdf-one. And looki looki: This one HAS the right optics.

So it seems, that when i create a RPG7V launcher with the "Addweapon" or "Addweaponcargo" command, the Launcher has the wrong optics!

BTW, here is how i actually did create the Launcher: I used Chris´ OFP script editor and added this Lines for the ammocrate which contain the RPG launchers:

; Add the items to the crate
_crate AddWeaponCargo ["KEGRPG7Launcher", 5]
_crate AddMagazineCargo ["KEGRPG7LauncherMag", 25]
_crate AddWeaponCargo ["KEGRPG7vLauncher", 5]
_crate AddMagazineCargo ["KEGRPG7vLauncherMag", 25]

I couldn´t find any more Info for this prob in the web, so anybody knows something about this?

Greets

TM

Re: AmmoCrates - Variable - 10-05-2006

Is the mission on the CiA BIS thread fixed now? I could really use trainings with these optics...

Thanks Tony

I´m sorry, no. I dont want to change sides from FDF to Russian just because this fault. I´d wonder, if this could not be fixed somehow...

But of course you can use the training mission for all other optics/launchers and you can insert an own Unit with a RPG7V launcher to test this one.

Or wait... i´ll just insert a dead unit to fix it temporarily... Done. Lets say, they died of SOME reasons we don´t want to know exactly ;-)

Updated mission - link:

http://www.ciahome.net/users/web7_tony/

Klick link on the left side or rightklick on the Picture and choose "Save target as..."

Let me know if the "workaround" fits.

BUT: If anyone has an idea, why the "addweapon"-ed rpg´s dont work properly i would be thankful.

Greets

Tony

Re: AmmoCrates - Balschoiw - 10-05-2006

Hmm shouldn´t it be:

; Add the items to the crate
_crate AddWeaponCargo ["FDF_RPG7Launcher", 5]
_crate AddMagazineCargo ["FDF_RPG7LauncherMag", 25]
_crate AddWeaponCargo ["FDF_rpg7vLauncher", 5]
_crate AddMagazineCargo ["FDF_rpg7vLauncherMag", 25]

Or is that just a typo in your post ?

Another quick try to get weapon- and ammoname is this:

hint format["weapons: %1, magazines: %2",weapons this,magazines this]

Copy/paste this line into the initialization line of unit and it will display weaponname and ammoname when you preview mission.
This way you can determine which weapons the unit has and the names will be displayed.
WW2 FDF units and weapons are for some parts not documented in ReadMe, that´s what I used to get the names for Grouplink 2 conversion for FDF mod.

Re: AmmoCrates - Variable - 10-05-2006

It works! Thanks Tony

Ah, beautiful, I knew i can rely on my brave comrades :-)!!!
It´s exactly as you said: The rpg7 is not documented in the fdf help File (or at least i didnt see it), so i thought it is part of Kegs Weaponpack, in wich there is in fact a rpg7 weaponname. But obviously it uses other sights as the fdf one!
With the help of your little Init-Line it was no prob to fix that! Very nice idea!
But i like the mushroom idea, so i will leave this part of the mission :-).
I´ll improve another things or two and then i will update the Link.

Thx and greetings

Tony

Re: AmmoCrates - Balschoiw - 10-06-2006

Glad I was able to help.