Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Dynamic Survival Scenario (SP/Co25)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your helicopter has crashed while transporting across Livonia, deep in Russian territory. Most of your equipment has been ruined with the wreck. Fortunately, a few items such as binoculars, compasses, some pistols, and first aid kits are still in usable condition.

An emergency RV was established in case something like this happened, however since you lost your map and GPS, you don't know the exact coordinates of it. Scavenge through buildings and find any left-over gear that can aid you in your survival. Once you find a tactical map or GPS, you can upload the helicopters GPS data to your tactical map or GPS, and the emergency RV coordinates will be revealed to you.

Get all survivors to the emergency RV.

All survivors have medic and engineer traits to be able to use all gear you find.
Crash site is in a spot around a randomly selected map location. The crash will always spawn with at least 3 locations within 1 km.
Additional enemies are not spawned on higher player counts. Gear distribution among players creates a method of difficulty scaling already.

Currently work in progress, main concept is working and playable.
Planned:
- Civilian population
- Adjustable parameters
- Enemy vehicle patrols
- Additional environmental effects
- Different objective types (maybe?)
- Port over to multiple maps
Uploaded!
Big update.

Full change log, of what i could remember at least:
May contain spoilers if you want to be surprised:

- Cleaned up the code tremendously. Better optimized.
- Crash site and RV calculations completely redone, no chance they will spawn to close to enemy occupations now.
- Some location types are classified as military locations and will spawn military vics, while others will spawn civilian vics.
- Different location types will spawn different populations sizes of enemy forces
- Added a few more location types for enemy population
- Added a very soft enemy force difficulty scaling (will likely need adjusting as time goes)
- Added vehicle patrols
- Added a light civilian presence
- Added better intro scene (Not as great in MP, awesome in SP)
- Added cool helo fly-in for extract
- Changed statements on the ending trigger to hopefully fix it
- Changed up several uniforms on survivors to have some more visual variety
- Fixed all survivors not having medic and engineer roles
- Added a new survivor role with a medkit and few starter ace medicals
- Split the survivors into 4, 6 man teams (1 of every unique survivor loadout in each team.)
- Russian medics now have proper medical loadouts
- Randomized weather and time effects have much more variety to them
- Smoke effect now emits from the crash site
- Helicopter wreck model is a random helicopter now
- Redid the music tracks, some were infinitely looping

I'm sure there's more i don't remember off the top of my head
Uploaded!
Ported to chernarus 2020

A few tiny tweaks.
Uploaded!
Update

Re-wrote code from scratch. Fixed JIP issues and a couple new features.
Uploaded! Please don't change the file name after the initial release, if I don't notice, it could end up with duplicated files on the server and entries on the mission list.
Variable Wrote:Uploaded! Please don't change the file name after the initial release, if I don't notice, it could end up with duplicated files on the server and entries on the mission list.
got it
I attached the wrong pbo, fixed now.
Uploaded.