Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Assault on Chapoi (co@16-20)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Infantry attacks enemy Strongholds in the town of Chapoi

[attachment=983]

Mission:
- US Army fighting Russian Armed Forces
- Destroy 4 strongholds around and in Chapoi, Malden 2035

Orbat:
- Mission Lead: SL and UAV Operator
- Medic Team: 2xMedic
- 3 2 Fireteams
- 1 MMG Team

Mod Dependencies:
- CBA
- Ace3
- Cup Weapons, Units, Vehicles, Terrains Core
Uploaded!
I'd like to re-iterate a few things that were mentioned yesterday about the mission.

Solskipper's leading was very much what I would expect, and I did not envy his task. I would have "serialized" the objectives as well, therefore I would say that the briefing should mention that splitting up is an option, maybe by providing approximate enemy numbers via "recon" (Of course we could have done recon ourselves, but that generally takes too much time in the beginning of the mission where only the drone operator has work to do).

I had two major gripes with the mission:
  • I felt it was too long. We took almost two hours. While this is hard to predict, my experience told me right at the beginning this was going to take a while. It was also basically four times the same objective (clear point X).
  • The MG team which I was part of naturally is a support element that will stay in overwatch. For me, that meant I did not get anything to do during the entire mission. I had a CCO, and no binocs, so I could neither shoot anything, nor could I help with spotting targets. IMO everyone in the MG team should have binocs and a rifle scope.
Other than that, I have to say I admire the amount of work you have put in it. Barricades in logical places, stuff placed down to make things less empty, it was obvious a lot of work went into the mission. 

I would recommend to drop the first two objectives and just go for the town. It will make the mission shorter by at least half an hour, and less frustrating if you get killed early on. Also, as I said above, give binocs and scopes to everyone on the MG team.
changelog:
2020/03/15
- now using FHQ Forcetracker for groupmarkers
- added binocs & acogs to MMG Team
- moved insertion point to Point Alpha
- removed Point Alpha & Bravo as Objectives
- now using FHQ TaskPatrol instead of BIS_fnc_taskPatrol
- Supplies at Objectives Charlie & Delta
- added this disableAI 'PATH'; for AI in elevated positions
- adjusted Briefing
- added some wreckages as cover to make a frontal attack a more viable option
Uploaded.