Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CUP Plains of Snakes (SP/CO09)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This mission was inspired by America's Army 2 SF Snakeplains.

A recent recon team has revealed a sizeable force of Iraqi soldiers massing in the desert. Our intel believes that Iraqi forces are attempting to establish a FOB to prepare for a combined armed assault on local guerilla fighters on our side. We believe that there are sensitive documents on the fortress site that would be invaluable on preventing the attack on indigenous forces and undermining future Iraqi operations.

About 5 hours earlier, our recon and surveillance team has failed to report back and were reported to be MIA. One member actually managed to get back his radio and reported that his squad has been elminiated and he is the sole survivor who has escaped from being held prisoner by Iraqi forces and will be stealing a vehicle and weapons to regroup back with squad ODA 2037

Squad ODA 2037 is tasked with an important mission to secure the sensitive documents and eliminate Iraqi stinger caches and mortars against overwhelming numbers.

Features 
- Spectator Slots 
- Zeus Slots 
- Side Respawn 
- Dedicated Server compatible

Requires CUP & Hazar Kot

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1802045267
Can I propose to reduce the number of enemies in the compound somewhat? There were at least a hundred people in there, which, given the fact that we will not necessarily be able to employ the HMMWV's guns, can be a whee bit overwhelming.
I just counted about 103 inside the compound. 10 a bit outside. I think cutting that number in half shall suffice? I have about 64 guerillas assistant for SP (they just have lee enfields but I guess they make great distraction) or low player count with 2 players so I guess I'll need to scale that down as well.

What's the experience on finding your weapon for POW so far? Spawn is random.
Using the guns, especially the GMG, is pretty much out of question until the POW is secured.

I played the POW twice. First time I found my gear immediately in the same buidling, second time I didn't get far enough. The number of people in the compound makes it pretty much a game of chance.
I think you have a 2/14 chance of spawning in the compound i think. Otherwise, the other locations are way away from it. The weapons in compound can be retrieve without much resistance despite the large numbers. I'll take a peek some more sometime when I'm home.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk
Updated mission
- Reduces enemy in compound by 49 (placements of enemies inside buildings are random so the ones that get deleted might not be the same one each time. Some enemies will always be there in the main compound).
- Reduce 1 enemy at one of the POW spawn
- Add markers to help POW find their weapons and radios easier
Updated mission
- Removes fucking pzn_houses that got put in by Old but Gold mappack