Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: TacOps: Recommended mods and settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I played "Beyond Hope" last night and I think it's one of the best BIS single-player creations. However, I don't think it would have been half as enjoyable had I played a vanilla game. Unfortunately, we still need the assistance of mods in order to reach at least a reasonable experience.
If you encountered any frustrations with Tac-Ops, I assure you that this setup will help. Essentially, this recommendation goes to any single-player mission you may play. As always, if you have any questions, let us know.

Game Settings
Set AI Skill to 0.7.
Set AI Precision to 0.2 (or 0.1, see what works best for you).
Make sure to allow file-patching in your settings, otherwise your userconfigs of the addons below will not be read.

Addons
ASR AI - The famous AI mod that renders the AI aimbot terminators to human-like riflemen and many other features. Install the mod like any other, don't forget the userconfig and use the CiA's server Userconfig (attached).
TPWCAS - AI Suppression mod. Extend firefights, allows you to use suppress-and-flank tactics, and fired bullets gets one of their primary roles: get the enemy to get the fuck down and pin him to cover. Make sure to use the CiA config (attached).
Varanon's CombatMode - Allows you to override the AI combat mode to make them responsive to orders, even under fire.
Alwarren's CiA AIPatch Addon - Stops AI grenade spamming.

Have fun! And keep your head down. Share your Tac-Ops experience in this Tac-Ops After Action Report thread (TBD).
Variable, great recommendation! I finished the first mission and the balance felt perfect.
Glad to hear that. Sempri if you get the time, let us know how you completed the mission in the Tac-Ops: After-Action Reports thread.
@Variable
I think you forgot to add that when use ASR_AI and TPWCAS in SP you must use -filePatching in shortcut or enable File Patching in launcher.

Quote:Q: My settings in  <arma3>\userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_config.sqf are ignored.

A: Launch the game with file patching enabled (tick the option in the official launcher or add -filePatching to command line parameters). This is only required in single player or on servers (not required on clients connecting to a multiplayer game).
I never checked my Arma 3 AI settings, I just played whatever is by default. To my surprise it was set:
AI Skill 0.7
AI Precision 0.5

And somehow it was still playable, no issues. No addons used whatsoever.
It might be playable, but it's too far from representing combat in terms of volumes of fire, survivability and accuracy.