Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ACE training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Comrades,

Due to several happenings yesterday (people having problems figuring out the medic system, me having difficulties hitting with a long range rifle even though I thought I did everything correctly), I've decided that we need a refresher in terms of ACE and it's usage.

Therefore, I intent to make another ACE training session sometimes soon. I want to create a specific mission that will help with those subjects (also for myself to get used to all the features that ACE offers), so I need help in determining what we would need.

Currently on the table:

Medic system
Repairing vehicles (including tanks and using spare tires)
Refueling and rearming vehicles
Long range shots

Grenades, explosives and launchers seem to be commonly understood now, so I won't include them, but if someone wants to get into those, let me know.

Once the mission is ready, I will offer an evening training hour. For that, I would like to know who will come, and when you have time. Note that, of course, participation is not mandatory, but I think you owe it to yourself and your squad mates to be at least slightly familiar with these subjects.

Let me know what you think
Sounds like a good idea, especially to our new players as well as a refresher for everyone else. I'm all for it.
Count me in!
Sounds good.

I've set up a training mission for long-range shooting a while ago, using all the sniper-gadgets (wheather/ballistics computer etc.), could use a refresher though... (in other words, can't remember a thing)

I could learn up on it again and help in the training session if you want...
Let's have it. Though I will be away soon on a holiday. 

I feel confident with ACE medic system though, not only because I remember my first aid training. Though I failed to remember the name of that epi... thing.
Manuel Wrote:I could learn up on it again and help in the training session if you want...

Great! Much appreciated
I so need this! I've probably forgotten a load of stuff and now need to re-configure my keys because of the new CBA, so ACE is just another stumbling block that I need to conquer. 

Apart from the mechanics which you'll be training us on, are there a limited number of functions we can get away with mapping to use ACE effectively, or do we need to map a load of keys to use it properly? If I can try and work that out before training it'll make things go a bit smoother!

In terms of scheduling, I'm busy next week but I'm free 10-12 July, then 16 July till 8 August.
Hey guys,

I want to join in again on the co-op nights and I think this is a good chance to get back. I forgot everything, even the basics. I guess this will help me out. I am free for Monday till Thursday starting 17 UCT.
Macman! Good to hear form you again!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Alright, ACE training mission is done.

Everyone that wants to join, please write down your name and the possible days.
Vatanon: All week except Monday, Thursday and Sunday

Might also do it an hour or two before Coop night
doveman Wrote:I so need this! I've probably forgotten a load of stuff and now need to re-configure my keys because of the new CBA, so ACE is just another stumbling block that I need to conquer. 

Apart from the mechanics which you'll be training us on, are there a limited number of functions we can get away with mapping to use ACE effectively, or do we need to map a load of keys to use it properly? If I can try and work that out before training it'll make things go a bit smoother!

In terms of scheduling, I'm busy next week but I'm free 10-12 July, then 16 July till 8 August.

In terms of keys, there are two keys that are utterly important, and that's interact and self interact. All others are more or less optional.
(07-01-2017, 10:07 PM)Varanon Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of keys, there are two keys that are utterly important, and that's interact and self interact. All others are more or less optional.

OK cool. If I can get by with just those two to start with and then look at adding others in future it will make it a lot easier than trying to remember 50 new keys at once!

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk
Since I will not be attend soon, but I hope this training mission works in SP, because I already used ACE before, all I need is refresher which I can do in single player. Otherwise, only next week I can join.
I would attend if it happens on a Thursday or Sunday prior to the Coop night.
Pages: 1 2