Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Generated Patrols & Patrol Respawn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

Currently, I'm working an Airborne mission using the Iron Front modification for the month of June. However, I have run into a little snag which I hope someone is able to point me towards. Simply put, I'm looking for a script which can generate AI in a given area. However to prevent the mission from getting easier by simply killing everything in sight. I was looking to achieve on having AI Patrols being generated randomly, and respawn again after they have been killed after a set time and respawn in a completely different position within a radius., hopefully with something where their bodies are deleted after a reasonable amount of time to help save performance. 

Originally, I was looking at ArmA 3s Spawn AI Module, using that you're able to achieve what I said, however I'm not too knowledgeable on how to have the AI groups to start patrolling once they have spawned. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...687647B84/ Neither is there much documentation on the module on the BI Wiki. Even then it does look like that module is only designed for things like sector control. But the way it works is what I'm looking for.

Sorry if I'm not giving a clear picture, on what I'm looking for but I hope it's enough to be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you.
I don't know how the module operates either. However, if you can give it some code that is executed for newly spawned groups (and it looks like it can), you can use Alwarren's marker patrol script  to put them on patrol.

So, for the module, you'd put this into the expression field:

[param [0] , "patrolArea"] call FHQ_fnc_markerPatrol;
Awesome, thank you!

I've gave this a try on the mission I'm creating and I can happily say that this is what I'm looking for. Patrols are kicking around now where I've set the markers and hopefully nobody sits directly on top of the AI Spawnpoints after eliminating one of the squads in the zone. Probably going to need to sit down and work on blacklisting specific units though. It's funny to see a squad leader kicking around with a Panzerschreck. But yeah, thanks alot for this, it really helped.

Hopefully, people are lucky enough to not run into groups at this size due to the random waypoints. I can imagine the screams of terror.