Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DCS World: Synchronize Cockpit and HOTAS on mission startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

Stupid, question, I had this option turned on in the menu since I thought it makes sense to "copy" the switches from the throttle. However, I have found out that if this is enabled, the engines won't startup up when moving the throttle from the Off to the Idle position.

OTOH, if I leave this option off, I have to move the throttle a few times in order for the game to register :|

Anyone got any experience with this problem?
Hmm never thougth of that... maybe because I always use the auto startup for the a 10 ... but it would be nice not to have to flick all the switches back and forth just to have the position you wanted..

also, does this mean, you are going to joint us when we are flying ? Smile
(02-12-2017, 04:02 PM)UnNamedGER Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm never thougth of that... maybe because I always use the auto startup for the a 10 ... but it would be nice not to have to flick all the switches back and forth just to have the position you wanted..

I guess I'll have to bring this up on the official forum. Real men don't use automatic startup Tongue

Quote:also, does this mean, you are going to joint us when we are flying ? Smile

As a long-term goal, yeah... although right now, I am still trying to learn that shit so it will take a while.
(02-12-2017, 08:23 PM)Alwarren Wrote: [ -> ]As a long-term goal, yeah... although right now, I am still trying to learn that shit so it will take a while.

nah, just join us when we are flying or ping sithis and me on a weekend, sithis taught me how to fly the a-10 in no time including most of the weapon systems even though we still keep finding stuff we didn't know ( like laser marking / picking up laser markers from others with the targeting pod)
(02-12-2017, 08:23 PM)Alwarren Wrote: [ -> ] Real men don't use automatic startup Tongue

Amen Big Grin

I remember trying the auto-synch feature a while ago, and that it caused me some problems. I don't use it anymore, I'm used to "synch-wiggling" by now, I have to move the throttle from cut-off to idle and back once on every cold-start.
Automatic startup is just a nice thing on the A-10, most of the times I go get some coffee or beer and make some snack and then watch the INS align for another 2 minutes Big Grin
Concerning your original question.
I have it turned off since it does not provide any benefit.
When spawning an A-10 all switches in the cockpit are in the corresponding "off" positions where you want them and you will want to bring your switches on the HOTAS into those positions anyway.

And concerning Saturday, we could start with an hour of unguided weapons practice, which should be plenty to get the hang of it and then continue with some missions that only require unguided weapons and visual navigation.