Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ACE 3 on official COOP nights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comrades and Guests,

We have decided to give ACE 3 a go. The first coop night with ACE will take place on Sunday 25th of September, 2016.

For that purpose, please install ACE 3 from here: http://ace3mod.com/ (current version is 3.7.0)

REMOVE:
From the modset for this day, remove the following addons:
  • AFTP_Compass Fix
  • bw loadCalc
  • Mag Repack
Other addons that might or might not be useful anymore are:
  • bhc map contour (ACE has similar functionality)
  • bzly UIcorrections (some of the functionality is in ACE)
  • st map autobrightness (ACE has its own handling of map brightness)
ADD:
  • CUP Weapons ACE compatibility (from cup-arma3.org)
  • CUP Vehicle ACE Compatibility (from cup-arma3.org)
  • @ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo (copy to @ace/addons or separate addon)
  • @ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo (copy to @ace/addons or to seperate addon)
  • @ace/optionals/ace_particles.pbo (copy to @ace/addons or separate addon)
  • @ace/optionals/ace_tacers.pbo (copy to @ace/addons or separate addon)
  • @ace
PwS/Arma3Sync users:
Extra collections/profiles for ACE are available. See
  • http://ciahome.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2383&pid=37108#pid37108
  • http://ciahome.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2575&pid=37013#pid37013
IMPORTANT
Take a while to familiarize yourself with the ACE features, the ACE homepage has a lot of information

POTENTIAL KEYBINDING CLASHES WITH OTHER ADDONS

There are a few key bindings that might clash with other addons:
  • MRT Accessories "Next Rail State" collides with ACE, proposal is to remove this since the "previous rail state" works similarly.
  • FHQ GroupInfo has a menu key binding of CTRL-WINDOWS that collides with self-interaction. Proposal is to remove the keybinding in FHQ GroupInfo, or map it to a different key
  • ACE3 Gestures are mapped to the keypad. Since we are not very likely to use them and they are also available from the self-interact menu, it is best to disable ACE3 key gestures
  • TFAR underwater transmit collides with "Weapon Safe" of ACE 3. Resolve at your own discretion, personally I had underwater transmit remapped anyway so that wasn't an issue
  • TFAR Stereo mode key collides with Scope adjustments in ACE. Proposal is to remove stereo adjust keys since the can be adjusted on the radio as well
  • TFAR Voice volume (yelling, normal, whisper) collides with the Javelin fire mode key. Proposal is to map TFAR to a different key. I have mapped it from CTRL-TAB to SHIFT-CTRL-TAB since the key is very rarely used.
TRAINING SESSIONS

For everybody that thinks they need a bit of an introduction, we'll run a small "training" session before the actual coop night, one hour in advance. Please either read up on it, try it out in the editor, or be one hour early on Sunday for a small tutorial session. Some ACE features are quite different from the vanilla (for example, sniper ballistics, launchers, medical system, grenade throwing etc).

There is a chance that ACE will become mandatory in the future. We had one test gaming session and it was generally well liked. For the moment, we'll restrict ACE to this one coop night; watch this space for further information

If you missed this one, we'll schedule another if there is enough interest.
Cool!  If I'm not swamped at work then I maybe able to join!  Smile
Where can I find these?
  • @ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo (copy to @ace/addons or separate addon)

• @ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo (copy to @ace/addons or to seperate addon)
Within the optional folder
thanks Variable.