Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Hosting coop campaigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people!

Recently I came back to messing around in the editor and I had a question which, although I looked up on various forums for an answer, I haven't found anything. The subject title pretty much covers it.

Is there a way to host coop campaigns? I created a small sample campaign just to test if it works, and although there's a 'host' option when I choose the campaign in the list, when I press it, nothing happens. Is it possible that I have done something wrong? Has anyone of you tried something similar? I was hoping that with Apex release we'd get a chance to have back coop campaigns like in A2, but I feel that's still not feasible (and also, the missions in Apex campaign seem to be unlocked from the beginning, which seems that you don't get to unlock them as you play through - another limitation maybe?).
To be honest, I don't know. It certainly worked in Arma 2, but Arma 3, they might have simply removed the feature - it wouldn't surprise me Sad
Well, if that's the case, then that's certainly sad.. A coop campaign where players would unveil the story as they went through it, affecting the endings with their actions, that would be a unique experience.

I'll just hope that BI hasn't removed the 'host' button in the campaign list for a reason, and it's not something they just "forgot" to remove from the game (although it has been almost three years from the release to wish upon something like that).
I haven't tried in Arma 3, but I remember back in Arma 2, you can click the host button and host a coop campaign on a listen server for people to join and play with you. Of course this won't work on dedicated servers Sad but it was usable back then. I don't know about now since I have yet to try it.