Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How to stop annoying UAC prompts when launching programs from a batch file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've created a batch file which launches all the programs I need to have running with ArmA3 but it was annoying me that for several of the programs which I have to "Run as Admin" (which I've set them to always do so via the Properties-Compatibility tab) I get that annoying "Are you sure you trust this program" UAC prompt.

Rather than turn off UAC completely and lose what protection it offers from nefarious programs screwing up my system, I found this handy guide which explains how to workaround the problem by setting up a Task in Task Scheduler and then instead of running the program directly from the batch file, you run the Task instead by using the command C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "Name of folder\Name of task"

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-u...-493128966

Steps 6-7 of the guide explain how to make a desktop shortcut to run the task but you can skip that if you just want to run it from a batch file.

It's disappointing that Microsoft didn't just give us an easier way to specify programs that shouldn't bother us with UAC prompts but it doesn't really take long to set it up this way, even for several programs, so try it if you find yourself getting irritated by them like I did.