Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: PHT6 Eden Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone. I created and updated some templates that I typically use when I make missions. I hope this help all of you newer mission makers become inspired to make some new missions with Eden Smile

I attached 3 files.

pht6_eden_template
Includes the latest version of Psycho Revive tweaked with my preferred settings, FHQ TT 3.0, FHQ Marker Patrol Script, FHQ Safe Add Loadout, ammobox script, infotext script.

pht6_eden_template_simple
I removed FHQ Marker Patrol, FHQ Safe Add Loadout, ammobox script, and infotext script from this one.

pht6_eden_template_ultralight
Same as simple except there's no Psycho Revive script

Feel free to remove, use, add whatever you like. Make sure that if you add/remove stuff from the functions directory, be sure you update the common.hpp in there accordingly. Don't remove common.hpp itself since it defines the path to FHQ Task Tracker in there. If you remove Psycho Revive, be sure to update your description.ext accordingly.

A little note about ammobox script and loadout scripts: you don't need them anymore since Eden allows you to setup loadouts and ammobox contents ingame and it works on dedicated server as well. Unless you are doing randomized generated loadouts, spawning units, or need an ammobearer that carries ammo that can't use for their weapon, you won't need ammobox scripts or loadout scripts.

Another note. If you want to use the FHQ Eden Plugin, delete briefing.sqf found in the scripts folder and remove the first line in init.sqf.

Feel free to post any questions if needed.
Nice work Phantom! I adopted some features. I had never bothered with #includes before but it makes description.ext much nicer.
Thanks Phantom, Used your template to make my mission. Couldn't have done it without. Let's hope it works.  8)
Great! When I find some time, I want to make a simple mission, this would be a good start Smile
UPDATED:
I removed line 32 in init_ais.sqf for Psycho Revive in the regular template and the simple template
Code:
if (local player) then {[side _unit,"HQ"] sideChat format ["%1 is down and needs help at %2!",name _unit, mapGridPosition _unit]};

I think that's the line that make's the sideChat XXX Is Down message. I left everything else intact if that seems fine.
Will update again later to remove the lines from FSM files and any other files as well.
Phantom, you are our hero.
It is not done yet. I'll do this once I get home or something (to remove the rest of the XXX is Down lines in every other files). I just left a note on my desk once I get back home from school.
Ok. Should be done. I removed the sidechats in ais.fsm and ais_init.sqf . There was XXX Is Down at position for ais_init.sqf I removed since its hardcoded and 2 sidechats in ais.fsm (LEADER XXX HAS TAKEN BACK COMMAND) and (XXX IS DOWN AT POSITION). Those should now be removed. The player marker position X is Down At on the map I left there since that's user defined (in my template case, I disable by default anyways). Nevertheless, there are no more lines with SIDECHAT that say anyone went down or resumes command.
Thanks for the template. It's kick started me into making a mission quite well! Still learning ins and outs of the more complicated stuff but it's getting there. Good template and a fantastic thing to offer to the community, really helps novice mission designers (like me)! Smile
Glad you found it helpful Smile
(04-21-2016, 02:27 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Glad you found it helpful Smile

I did indeed. I was wondering if you knew how to make an IED and sync it to a trigger, I've tried it myself and it didn't seem to work correctly. I was wondering if you'd done it recently. The way I do it is using an init that adds an explosion to a given object for example an object I named IED1 and triggered it when a blufor unit moved into the trigger radius. The object then deletes itself.
You can make a radius trigger with BLUFOR present, then
Code:
nul = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle (getpos ied1); deleteVehicle ied1;

Now Bo_GBU12_LGB is one of the bigger bombs so it'll be a big explosion. I think you can try one of the IED ammo classnames found on https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgMagazines . Just ctrl + f for IED and you'll find somemanually do a setDamage 1 on it, so maybe you can just try....

Code:
ied1 setDamage 1;

if you want to spawn, try
Code:
bomb = "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" createVehicle (getPos ied1);

Something of the sort.
If you try Phantom's version, include isServer check to trigger condition. Otherwise it will create x many bombs as connected clients.

Like, BLUFOR present from option, and to condition field

Code:
this && isServer
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Haven't had time to try to make an IED again, been making the mission tasks and triggers which, it turns out, is  super easy once you know how it all works!! Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll try  out tomorrow afternoon, see if I can get it to work and report back on my success. Who knows maybe I'll even upload the mission someday haha!

EDIT: I was actually wondering how you can make a task appear AFTER you complete a previous one. For example in my mission you have to destroy a weapons cache then RTB. The task is complete when the weapon cache is destroyed. I mean it's not a big problem, as I can still have the RTB task active from the start but it'd make it a bit more dynamic to have it appear AFTER you complete the final task.
Pages: 1 2