Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Pre-conditions for participating in a coop night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newcomers and veteran guests. There are a few pre-conditions that must be taken care of before joining the server and participating in a coop night.

1. Read the rules. Carefully.

2. Read the SOP (expect an update soon, once out, we will notify everybody).

3. Install the mods. Follow the instructions on this page.

4. Test your ACRE installation. Testing ACRE includes setting Push-to-Talk buttons to your liking. To test ACRE, connect to the server before coop night (it's online 24/7), select a mission, launch it, and make sure you can transmit successfully. Joining coop night without testing ACRE beforehand is forbidden. 

5. Familiarize yourself with the mod FHQ GroupInfo and test it before joining. This addon lets you see the names of the comrades next to you. It has other functions as well, please get familiarize with them before joining a coop night. The default activation key is the Left Windows key. Identifying the names of the comrades around you by using FHQ GroupInfo is a mandatory requirement on coop nights!

6. Get a headset (a headset is a combination of earphones and a microphone). Playing with a desktop microphone is forbidden. The quality sucks, there's echo, and it's not in constant in proximity with the mouth. In addition, do not use speakers, the game's sound bleeds through your microphone when you speak and interferes everybody. If you don't want to use a headset, you cannot participate.

7. Make sure your Arma 3 game profile, your Discord nickname, and your Teamspeak name are the same. Note that your Arma 3 profile cannot be renamed, you'll have to make a new profile if you want it changed.

If you have any problems fulfilling any of the above, post in this forum and we will assist you, but in any case, DO NOT JOIN a coop night before having all the above completed. It interferes with the course of the game and is a guarantee for constant annoyances. It's better to miss a coop night than to be a cause of disturbance.
Understood (mic ordered, earphones ready)
I think you should add in the pre-conditions step 3 to have the TFAR plug-in for teamspeak installed in its folder and activated in TS. Many forget that step or don't know about it. I don't think one of the addons managing things does it automatically.
Added a comment about that.
I am up to speed now, same mic, just mounted correctly, practiced and familiarised with TFAR, looking forward to tonight if I can get on.
As we replaced MK4, you might want to update this section.
Thanks rund, updated.
(03-28-2016, 09:42 AM)Variable link Wrote:Thanks rund, updated.

There's still a reference to mk4 hud in the op...

EDIT: And in the SOP
Thanks, updated.