Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Microphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mic bought will be with me tomorrow ready for sunday : )

Only problem, it is part of a headset, couldnt find just a mic that I can stick to my head.

My current setup is 5.1 surround sound speakers so I can just rest this on my head for the mic.

Although... got me thinking... would be amazing if I could get Taskforce radio to play through headset while game sounds come through speakers... but guess that cant be done?
I seriously advice you not to play with speakers. That's a big part of the problem as everything just bleeds trough your mic
Yep. McGregor is correct. Moreover, you can get 5.1 and a 7.1 setup with a headset, too, it it will sound much better than with speakers.
http://www.razerzone.com/surround

Best thing that ever happened to your headphones, unless you have a Creative Soundblaster Z.
lol... I have Creative Sound Blaster Z

I will look at getting some really good headphones, would want to payout for a good set.

But will see how it goes... I like the sub woofer turning your stomach over when bombs going off which you wont get from head phones... plus, I can shout things out with out the whole house hearing ONLY me lol  (as long as you all don't hear an echo etc... Will see next round)

Well the problem is that we do hear the echo. I would like to go as far as saying don't play with speakers. It's not a suggestion
Sad  Guess I will only use the speakers for Movies then... I do have earphones (but only stereo), If anyone can recommend a good set of 7.1 or 5.1 headphones please share here.

(01-29-2016, 04:26 PM)treendy link Wrote:But will see how it goes... I like the sub woofer turning your stomach over when bombs going off which you wont get from head phones... plus, I can shout things out with out the whole house hearing ONLY me lol  (as long as you all don't hear an echo etc... Will see next round)

Well, ask yourself if everybody would use this argument. If everybody was playing with speakers enabled, nobody would be able to understand anyone. I appreciate that it is personal preference, but really, personal preference, as freedom, ends were it severely impacts others, and this does.
(01-29-2016, 05:38 PM)treendy link Wrote:Sad  Guess I will only use the speakers for Movies then... I do have earphones (but only stereo), If anyone can recommend a good set of 7.1 or 5.1 headphones please share here.

7.1 or 5.1 headphones are a myth, really. I have not seen one yet that was usable. I'd got for a good stereo headset and use Razer Surround
(01-29-2016, 05:57 PM)Varanon link Wrote:7.1 or 5.1 headphones are a myth, really. I have not seen one yet that was usable. I'd got for a good stereo headset and use Razer Surround

I wouldn't say myth. I use these and they work extremely well. Admittedly they sound shit out of the box so it takes a lot of tweaking to get it sounding right. Luckily I have the know how. You need a sound card with 8 analog out to use them though
Quote:Freedom ends were it severely impacts others

I am a very strong believer in that, and try to live my life by this rule (which is why I added "as long as you all don't hear an echo etc")

I kind of hoped that the software to remove background sound may have stopped that from happening.

I have heard when in game, players saying "gun shots heard from X direction" so 5.1 surround sound must be working on these headphones and not a myth?
I don't have a 5.1 headset myself, but I used Razer Surround for a while and found it to be very effective. With an SB Z you get the same effect in hardware.
That Razer surround is pretty impressive! The biggest difference is hearing what is in front of you and what is behind. It somehow simulates the muffled sound you hear from behind.
(01-30-2016, 07:28 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote:That Razer surround is pretty impressive! The biggest difference is hearing what is in front of you and what is behind. It somehow simulates the muffled sound you hear from behind.

Yeah. I was trying it out and thought it was rubbish, it doesn't work, "It just muffles the sound".

Then, one day, I was playing a game and started to look for the bird in my living room that must have flown in because I heard it chirping behind me.

Only that it was in game.

That was the moment I realized just how good this thing is Big Grin
I can highly recommend using the open-back stereo Samson SR850 headphones with Razer. They only cost about £30 and are rated as better than any other HiFi headphones under <£100 and are probably better than even more expensive gaming headsets (according to those who've compared them).

You'll need to add a mic and you can buy some designed to clip onto headphones but I just bought a cheap headset, cut the mic off, glued it to a piece of foam board and velcro'd it to the side of the headphones.