Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [GUIDE] Vehicle Identification Guide - Russian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size=1.45em]Russian Armored Vehicles[/size]

BRDM-2
[Image: BRDM-2.png]
Armor on the BRDM-2 is pretty weak, and the viewing hatches are not armored at all. It's a bit above an MRAP/Armored Scout Car, and can be harmed with large caliber machine guns.
Very limited passenger capacity (2 if I remember correctly) plus driver plus gunner/commander

GAZ Vodnik
[Image: 74224_900.jpg]

The GAZ Vodnik is a scout car/APC comparable to the BRDM-2. It's basically an early MRAP. There are two variants that are relevant, the dual PK version that is depicted here, and the BPPU version. The former can be very annoying but since the machine gunners are turned out they can usually be sniped, or die with an impact of a HE RPG.

The BPPU is a dual-feed automatic cannon that fires 30 mm rounds at 400 rpm, and usually also includes a coaxial PKT, making the BPPU variant of the Vodnik a pretty dangerous encounter for Infantry.

Like the BRDM-2, the armor is relatively weak, and the windshield can be damaged even by assault rifles.

BTR-70/80
[Image: BTR-70_D-1_Cobra-K.png]
BTR's are infantry support vehicles with a rather large cargo capacity. They pose a significantly higher threat than a BRDM-2, and have better armor, but since they are wheeled they can still be immobilized with large caliber rifles or machine guns.

BMP-1/2/3

[Image: BMP-1.png]
(pictured: BMP-1)

BMP's have heavy armor and are tracked. Their offensive capabilities are damn impressive, with autocannons, machine guns and ATGM's they are about the highest threat level of Infantry Fighting Vehicles infantry can encounter, and their ATGM's make them a tank killer as well.

BMP-1 and BMP-2 look very similar and are hard to tell apart. BMP-3's look more like a tank, with a larger main cannon and higher profile than the BMP-2.

BMP's should be a priority target for Infantry.
Thanks Alwarren, this will be very useful for me certainly, as I struggle with identifying vehicles. At school I think I was the only guy in my class who didn't know the names of every single car we saw Smile
[size=1.45em]Russian Helicopters[/size]
Mi-8/Mi-17
[Image: mi-8t-49-x.png]
Lightly armored transport helicopter with a considerable payload of troops. Some Mi-8's and -17'S come armed with door guns and/or rocket pods, which can quickly make the life of an infantryman very miserable (and short).
Still, the thread level is low to medium because of inadequate armor and poor maneuverability, making them an easy target for high caliber machine guns (M240/PKM upwards) and even RPG's.

Mi-6
[Image: mi-6-12-x.png]
Included here because it is in CUP ^^ This one is slow (and I mean SLOW), but has two major threat potentials:
1) It can carry a metric shit ton of troops (30 I think)
2) It can carry light vehicles in its loading bay

Especially the latter can make it dangerous if it manages to land and unload troops (the AI will not make use of this feature unless scripted to do so).

Same rules apply as with the Mi-8, vulnerable to machine gun fire, RPG's (because of its slow speed) and AA missiles.

Mi-24 Hind
[Image: mi-24p-shark-l-x.png]
This machine is best categorized as "mean motherfucker". It's fast, it carries a shitload of weaponry (depending on loadout it may carry up to 120 S-8 Folding-Fin Rockets), and it is extremely well armored (it has been dubbed "flying APC"). It can carry a small contingent of infantry too, making it ideal for close air support. The original purpose was (IIRC) to patrol the Russian border towards China, and that requires troop transport capabilities. It is also frequently used for air rescue.

The Hind is extremely dangerous, and should be a priority target for AA. MANPADS should probably fire in pairs with a short delay to get through the Flares. Machine guns are next to useless, even .50cals.

Ka-50 "Akula" and KA-52 "Alligator"
[Image: fridge_magnet_kamov_ka50_1_by_ws_clave.jpg]
The KA-50 and KA-52 are easily identifiable by their coaxial rotor assembly. Like the Hind, the KA-50's are very well armored, including protection against armor-piercing ammo and 23mm shrapnel. Unlike the Hind though the KA-50/52 do not carry any infantry.

Both the KA-50 and KA-52 have side-mounted autocannons (although later models of the KA-52 have a gun copula with a rotatable cannon). The KA-50 is a single-seater, and hence only fires straight. The KA-52 is a two-seater, but since its cannon is side mounted on the RIGHT of the fuselage, it cannot engage infantry on the left. As a matter of fact, the angle for the cannon is pretty small.

(CUP has the KA-50 only currently, but future updates will contain the KA-52 as well).
does the KA-50 come with the ejection seat? Big Grin

also holy shit, i want to try the mi-6 , how do I get a vehicle in there, open a ramp and just take off?

(01-28-2016, 12:12 AM)UnNamedGER link Wrote: [ -> ]does the KA-50 come with the ejection seat? Big Grin

Haven't tried yet Smile

Quote:also holy shit, i want to try the mi-6 , how do I get a vehicle in there, open a ramp and just take off?

Afair it was already in the last patch. You can open the rear door and extend the real then drive a vehicle in and tether it.