Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Windows 10 Computer Automatically Turns On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't say i know of any DX12 games or any upcoming games with DX12 i heard of some talk about dx12 support in the future for arma 3 though. Have you noticed faster loading times or better performance in other games?

Misha there might be an option to disable reminders to purchase additional products that could be something you can check out? I think you can disable cortana reminders too but its a whole mess learning to navigate the new menu the first time
(11-27-2015, 08:36 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]windows updates have been disabled for more than 2 years(never saw the need to change and relearn a whole new UI)

New UI? My Win 7 looks exactly like Win Xp.
(11-28-2015, 11:48 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]New UI? My Win 7 looks exactly like Win Xp.
No i mean updating windows is how you upgrade to 10
Just install classicshell. I've used it on Win8 and now Win10 as it let's me have the simple Start Menu I love from Win7 (there's a few options so you can have single or double columns, etc).

I've disabled Cortana and you can probably disable anything else you find intrusive. Like most people, I only really upgraded for DX12 (MS deliberately only provide the latest DX with new versions of Windows 'cos they know loads of people wouldn't bother upgrading otherwise) but it's also good to be on the version of Windows that you know MS will be focusing their support on in future.

When I've run into problems with manufacturers not providing drivers for the latest Windows (like with my Dad's Oki scanner) I use a Win7 Virtualbox just for those devices.
(11-28-2015, 04:06 AM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]It's been seven days since Win 10 has entered my life. I still have this feeling that switch was not necessary, Win 7 was still good for me. Actually, it's a bit intrusive with its Cortana and all those attempts to interact with me. I'm like leave me alone, be a dumb machine waiting for input, stop proactively trying to please me! Not to mention links to payware and all those MS services. I'm loosing some time every time I need to find something because of new layout and design. All in all, I think Win 7 was my perfect Windows.

You can turn Cortana off, make search only to local files and not internet results as well as other privacy settings of start menu such as not to display used files etc.

I turned everything off.
Good tool to fix all problems with Win10 DWS Lite  ;D
Everything was nice and dandy... until some windows updates later and my computer turn on while I was asleep again... FUCK YOU WINDOWS 10...
and re-disabled the wake_armed stuff.... shouldn't wake me back up unless something reenables them.

My gaming rig is haunted!

Since recently, while I was sitting in my other room I noticed my computer turning on and off by itself. It seemed to me it was just going to sleep and back, in Win 7 it also used to get out of sleep mode on it's own because of the "nervous mouse".

But yesterday I realized it was not going to sleep it was actually turning on and off completely! Even worse, when I want to shut it down it just restarts. And even restart is not an usual restart, it happens 5-6 seconds after completely shutting down. And then it tries to load windows, it reaches window load screen and restarts again this time booting fully to the desktop.

Nothing particularly useful can be found in logs but googling a bit revealed that this is relatively frequent issue with Windows 10 and can be fixed by turning off some features.

And yeah, I come to hate Windows 10, Win 7 was all I needed and it was the best ever, no issues for six years while I was using it, and I still don't care about those few games that use dx12.
When it starts singing "Daisy Bell", you should run Smile
Pages: 1 2