Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Missions Worth Playing Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case there's some cool missions or anything you guys think is worth playing again (since on the CiA Mission List, completed mission go to the bottom of the list), I decided to make a mission worth playing list. (side note: I'm also going to ditch the old 2 Player mission review thing I was working on since it'll be too much of a hassle once that gets big and merge that with this).

I made an Arma 3 and Arma 2 section (even though we don't play Arma 2 anymore, I just made an Arma 2 one in case I play with an old friend of mine again when he's not busy with some 2 or 3 player missions and such).

So I have the typical Players number, Mission Name, Author, and Island from the CiA mission list. The Not Completed, Completed, Broken tabs are not included on this list since it is irrelevant. I added an extra tab called Length so whoever is playing or decide to pick a mission know how long the mission might take.

Some author names will have links to them (which links to the Steam Workshop page).

Some mission names will also have links to them which I will link to a google doc for any summary/review comments anyone decided they have for the mission (I'll paste it to that myself I guess). On the bottom of that google doc will be links to any YouTube videos or screenshots about the mission. The YouTube video will just be a link. I'm wondering how to approach the screenshots. I can put it on the document directly but it won't look so nice. I'm just thinking of throw it all on Imgur and then putting the link to the Imgur album there.

For lengths, I only put "short", "medium", "long" for now. It's also mentioned in the Legend & Statistics section on what it means. Right now "short" is less than 30 minutes. "medium" is 30 min - 1 hr 30 min. "long" is greater than 1 hr 30 min. I'm wondering whether I should just put a range of numbers for minutes approximation or leave it as text for a representation of about how long it'll take. If I did leave it as texts, should I leave it as "short", "medium", "long", or expand on that and change it to "short" (<30 min), "medium" (30-60min), "long" (1-2 hr), "very long" (> 2 hr) , some other variation, or leave it as is?

So far there's no color highlighting on mission tabs. I did thought about using green highlightings for some missions that are easy and make good warm ups and red highlightings for brutally insane ones or something like that. On the other hand, I did thought about skipping highlighting missions with colors and leave any comments about difficulty in the link on the mission name instead (in case some people may think that a mission is easy for them while others consider it hard <although there are a few missions out there that I know where we can all say they're hard by unanimous decision>).

Any other feedbacks? I haven't add anything else yet since I'm still wondering how to approach the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
I just updated the Arma 3 missions from you guy's list of missions on Throwback Thursday Smile . I added the duration I see from SWEC too. I'll be updating this here and there probably after around each Throwback Thursday.
Nice one Phantom, I suggest to post it on the BIF.
I think you need a legend, at least for the time duration. I'd also not use any highlights.
There is a legend.