Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Enhanced helicopter armor mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They are just too frail in Arma 3. How hard would it be to beef up their armor? Even just for the vanilla helis if there are complexities with the RHS armor.
A quick and dirty way is to reduce damage via script by adding health after damage taken, less health than damage taken so heli still damaged and can be destroyed, but it will look a bit weird... as Psycho's revive script.

However, aside humming bird and pawnee, vanilla helis look pretty resilient for me.
(06-02-2015, 04:09 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]However, aside humming bird and pawnee, vanilla helis look pretty resilient for me.

I don't agree at all. One hit from pretty much any AA is fatal (not AA missiles, you have flares for those). For example me and Alwarren got shot down with one hit by a BMP, didn't even see a tracer, even though we pretty much knew the direction of it. The accuracy of those things are ridiculous when handled by the AI. Also as far as I know attack helicopters are not made of glass and can take quite a beating in real life