Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ACE3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ACE is back. I played a lot with ACE2 in Arma 2 and it had some great features (not all). ACE3 boasts a very impressive feature list. I for one am following this with great interest  8)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2910796
What put me off ACE 2 was the bugs that pestered it. Far too often, the medic system did get stuck, or other smaller problems. As someone put it, it was over-engineered to the point of breaking.

I sincerely hope they don't make the same mistake again in ACE3. If they do it right, it can be a really good mod.
Certainly looks interesting. It seems they're going for a modular approach as well which is good, so you can just use the bits you want to.
ACE, by concept, was great. It's major issue was the fact that it was running on the ARMA engine. There were a lot of limitations in the days, and ACE could hardly cope with them.

Best example - medical equipment. Since there was no real variable inventory in Arma 2 as it is in Arma 3, you were fixed to the 12 vest slots and 8 belt slots. Medical equipment used the belt slots, but presented them differently (in the medkit slots). Problem, 8 slots shared among pistol ammo, M203's, and medical items - a recipe for disaster.

When it comes down to it, what put me off most on ACE was the compatibility problems, half-working stuff, and bugs. A lot of the issues weren't really ACE's fault but a result of the limitations of the Arma 2 engine. I have hope for ACE 3, since a lot of the limitations are gone now, and the project seems to be mostly rewritten from scratch.
This is great news!

(04-02-2015, 01:44 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]ACE, by concept, was great. It's major issue was the fact that it was running on the ARMA engine.

I think Arma by concept is great and the major issue with it is the fact it is running on the Arma engine. So this fits perfectly Smile Both are ambitious projects and with these great ambitions come great risks. Even though that's not the way I do things I have nothing but respect for the team behind ACE2. For me, ACE2 was the thing that made Arma2.

I agree that there were many problems with ACE2, including the inventory management. Really looking forward to this one!
Yeah the concept of ACE2 was really cool and I liked it a lot. But many bugs and such made it a pain some times. Hopefully the Arma 3 engine is more accommodating for ACE3. And the fact that it's supposed to be modular is very nice. Cherry picking FTW  ;D

Oh boy.

(04-05-2015, 04:12 PM)Etzu link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy.
Hot damn. I hope they won't forget to add stabilization to the assault boat guns so we will finally be able to hit something with them.
(04-08-2015, 08:52 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Hot damn. I hope they won't forget to add stabilization to the assault boat guns so we will finally be able to hit something with them.

Oh yes please. They are totally useless in anything but dead calm waters ATM
Even on calm waters the recoils makes the grenade launcher from boats useless Sad
Teaser 2

Looking good!
Looks awesome. I wonder if they're planning to incorporate Advanced Ballistics. I sometimes wish we used that, as it would be cool having to account for wind, etc and would make it feel like even more of an accomplishment when we get a kill. Not that I get many as it is Wink
(04-10-2015, 03:52 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Looks awesome. I wonder if they're planning to incorporate Advanced Ballistics. I sometimes wish we used that, as it would be cool having to account for wind, etc and would make it feel like even more of an accomplishment when we get a kill. Not that I get many as it is Wink

Wind effects is a module. In fact most of the stuff is module-based, which I already like a lot. Some stuff isn't, unfortunately, like the ridiculous bunny hopping.
Are you referring to the "Jumping over obstacles, climbing over walls and cutting down fences" feature? Are you sure it will not be configurable or something. Is it really that bad? I.e. bunny hopping?
(04-10-2015, 04:16 PM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]Are you referring to the "Jumping over obstacles, climbing over walls and cutting down fences" feature? Are you sure it will not be configurable or something. Is it really that bad? I.e. bunny hopping?

Well as far as I know it isn't configurable, neither is climbing. Cutting fences is fine with me, I just think that both jumping and climbing should be impossible with a certain amount of fatigue and/or weight.
Pages: 1 2 3