Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Athena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a way to view a Map and other Information on a secondary display I stumpled upon the Athena Mod.

Athena Mod

It provides accessibility for a Windows app (no IOS and no Android yet) through the Arma2NET plugin, which allows the user to view the map, his position (as I understand it that is if you have a GPS), tasks, briefing, team roster and other information usually shown in the map screen.

For now it needs a server side Mod, but they seem to be working on a client side mod providing most of the features.

From what I have read it seems like it might be interesting and as it will just disttract you to look at a differed device as it would distract you to look at e.g a Map I don't think this is makes the game less realistic.
I like the concept but Windows phones only? I guess only a fraction of our players have that. Am I right?
I already started with something similar: the next debug console will allow remote connections, and will also allow you to view the map etc...
(03-19-2015, 09:09 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I like the concept but Windows phones only? I guess only a fraction of our players have that. Am I right?
I believe it's a Windows program. I saw this a while ago but think it needs something installed on the server, so I haven't tried it. Sounds cool though.