Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: situation in the middle east-possible campaign for arma(?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys
As I found this topic as an offtopic and find you from many nations from USA, eastern Europe, israel and myself from iran, I just glad to know what you think about current situation in this region, I'm glad to hear it from you and really love to gather ideas, real events and reports for create a great campaign for arma 3, specially when I got free time in this summer.
so we can start from some recent events, you see that shia (????) militants who are supporting by iran (shia regime) are now try to take tikrit, a city in iraq and currently occupied by ISIS, and it seems that they just did forbid iraq forces from call any air attack from air allies, which is leaded by USA and his allies in middle east, which are called enemy by iran, also recent news indicates that iran just brought heavy weapons such tanks for shia militants and also some AA missiles to iraq, which I think is an alert to US air allies, also I think they want to take tikrit (?????) without any help from west to show their power.
you know this situation remind me to "harvest red" campaign introduced in arma 2.
ok glad to hear from you too.
thanks
Sorry for the late response Flashpoint, I had this as a draft for a long time:

I'd love to see a Middle Eastern oriented campaign. There was a coop campaign in Arma 2 for the Syrian Rebellion we got from Zeus (I think the author was Domestus) which was absolutely great. We played Syrian rebels fighting the regime forces. I loved it.

I don't get why makers don't just take more liberty when using official and custom made maps. And what I mean is - so what if it's called Altis? Call it Cyprus in the briefing and create a more contemporary scenario when Greek and Turkish clash, like Wiggum did. Using Hazar Kot? Call it Pakistan, Using Podagorsk? Refer to it as a Finnish island. And these are just a few examples. That applies to the Middle East and as well. I think scenarios that use real countries and not only draw inspirations from real conflicts, are much more immersive from the Armaverse or any imaginary environment that a environment creator made. Let's not beat around the bush! Smile
I would definitely want missions playing as Iranian forces (CSAT I guess) fighting IS for example. But they are both on the OPFOR side aren't they? I don't know if there are any suitable units on the independent side? Any way I'm sure we have plenty of suitable terrain for such scenarios, and frankly we lack missions for them.
I also think that putting real life names to things is preferable as it adds a lot to a missions feel.
(04-14-2015, 09:12 AM)Variable link Wrote:Using Hazar Kot? Call it Pakistan,

Or us FATA and have Pakistan Smile
Or Kundus, Falujah, Afghan Village. If people want to find real-world locations, they are there anyway.
(04-14-2015, 12:04 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Or us FATA and have Pakistan Smile
I keep mixing FATA and Hazar-Kot... Sad
(04-14-2015, 11:28 AM)McGregor link Wrote:I would definitely want missions playing as Iranian forces (CSAT I guess) fighting IS for example. But they are both on the OPFOR side aren't they? I don't know if there are any suitable units on the independent side?

You don't need pre-made ISIS troops, just use, for example, FIA guys, and dress them up accordingly. Or, if you use pre-made units, having them join green or blue sides isn't a problem, either.

Unfortunately, BI has the tendency to focus on US military and everything else falls by the roadside. They could have done things differently in Arma 3 since it'S a fictional scenario, maybe focussing on EU troops, or on eastern troops, or Iranian troops or what have you... but noooo, it's US again.
(04-14-2015, 12:35 PM)Varanon link Wrote:You don't need pre-made ISIS troops, just use, for example, FIA guys, and dress them up accordingly. Or, if you use pre-made units, having them join green or blue sides isn't a problem, either.

Of course, stupid me  :Smile
I'm going to created a singleplayer mission for arma 2 that is about a real event during Iran Iraq war (1980-1988).
here is it's infographic:

1- An air combat force including two AH1-J cobra and one bell 206 (for rescue) moving for destroying enemy armors from Ilam border to Iraq air space.

2- After a successful mission, while returning, two iraqi Mig-21 intercept iranian choppers, this chasing continues inside Iran air borders.

3- Ahmed (Ahmed Keshvari, iranian pilot) attract Migs to one of the friendly Anti Air Missile sites and order rest of two choppers to return back.

4- Keshvari's cobra hit by enemy fighter missile and crash.

5- Rescue chopper get back to crash site and save co-pilot but because of another migs attack, forced to leave area, and keshvari's body stayed in the crash site.

6- migs exposed to anti air missile site and one of them hit and crash. second fighter leave area after that.

I wish to recreate it for arma 3 but arma 3 lacks many items including iranian AH1J cobra and mig 23 or 21 as I couldn't find any mod for them. in arma 2 I used these mods which were nicely fit for mission story:
Iranian Forces Mod
Iraqi Army of The Saddam Era
Interesting story Flashpoint.
The first and single chopper air to air combat took place In the Iran Iraq war. That would also make for a cool Arma mission!
(04-15-2015, 09:30 PM)Variable link Wrote:Interesting story Flashpoint.
The first and single chopper air to air combat took place In the Iran Iraq war. That would also make for a cool Arma mission!

thanks, I try to create it again for arma 2, and if there was any suitable mod for arma 3, will recreate it for arma 3 too.
Mission is ready, it's my first public mission, hope you all enjoy it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...SP-Simorgh

don't hesitate to give any feedback! thanks Wink
Sounds great! Congratulations FlashPoint, I will give it a go once my schedule clears up.