Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: TitanIM VBS platform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://titanim.net/www/

I was instantly hooked by the overview video on the home page, and this is something to definitely keep an eye on. TitanIM is a simulation software platform and I think this is exactly what the milsim business needs: competition. Hopefully this will bring more milsim games to market and put some pressure on Bohemia. I absolutely love their games but frankly I think the progression of the engine from the days of OFP has been slow at best and they could have done much better give the right incentive.
It's Outerra, probably with all the strings attached (like the flat bitmap trees). As far as I understood it, it is mostly aimed at competing against VBS, not necessarily a game...
Yeah, it uses the Outerra engine but TitanIM's goal is to be an unified platform on which 3rd party developers can create scenarios and games. I understand that this doesn't mean anything concrete for us gamers yet, but I for one got (over?) excited about the marketing speeches Smile
Well competition would be great, I just need to look at War Thunder vs. World of Tanks to see that Smile
Definitely keeping an eye on it.
Oh, the possibilities!