Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: sherlock holmes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Relive the life of the legendary consulting detective remastered in Arma3.
An SP mission i did a long time ago about solving crime and mystery instead of military combat.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=297663135
Nice, will try it. Arma has unexplored RPG potential.
Interesting idea, I'll check it out, thanks.
Gave it a go yet?
Not yet. It's on my list of cool stuff to check out but that comes after my big list of boring stuff that needs to be done Wink
Hey, I played it tonight, it started great, slowly taking you into the story. But here are couple of suggestions or remarks:

- upon reaching the crime scene I felt like me and the mission were not on the same page anymore. I just walked around till finally objective ticked and I could progress. Maybe just add some messages when you find a clue to inform the player which clue was found and what it means, and it can also serve to give the events the proper context.

- when I reached the forest to apprehend the suspicious guy suddenly someone from somewhere started to throw nades which was a bit confusing. Also, player should not go unnamed to apprehend the armed person.

- last objective I lived long enough to see was to escape, but it seems that actually the task was to defend. This was unfair fight. Even with 6-7 policemen around we were overwhelmed by four (?) men group that attacked us because we had only pistols while they had rifles and, probably, grenade launchers. And when the task said to arm yourself it wasn't clear where to do it as weapons were nowhere to be found. Only when one of the police officers died I was able to get his pistol. My suggestion is give the attackers only the pistols so we could have more even, interesting close range fight.

I generally liked the idea, but events in the mission have to have a proper context so that player can understand what's going on.

Mm good suggestions, ill take them into consideration, thanks misha.
Im doing another sp parody where you play as rambo, ideas for a good thematic soundtrack?