Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Future medical addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please discuss here comments and wishes for a future medical script.

(01-15-2015, 01:40 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what I want to have in it:

First of all, it should be similar to Arma 2: Getting hit enough will cause agony state and only allow you to crawl and do simple tasks.

Secondly, I want to add pain: If you get wounded, your pain level will rise, even if you are subsequently treated. The pain can be cured with morphine, but as long as you don't, it will limit your vision (blurry) and will not recover stamina beyond a certain point.

Thirdly, shock: If you receive more damage than a certain threshold in ONE hit, you drop unconcious. You will wake up after some time, or if someone administers Epinephrine.

Lastly, bleeding: If you receive damage to vital parts (head, chest), you start bleeding (maybe even legs and arms, but with a lower rate, then). Bleeding will drain your stamina and stamina will no longer recover at all, until you are bandaged.

This is all planned features, of course, feel free to comment on them.
My wishlist (on top of what Varanon plans):
1. Be able to throw all throwable items while in agony state, but it must be limited to a very short distance.
2. Be able to insert a wounded comrade into a vehicle while carrying him.
3. Epinephrine to bring back from consciousness, morphine to ease on pain, bandage to stop bleeding, and THAT'S IT.
(01-15-2015, 01:40 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what I want to have in it:

First of all, it should be similar to Arma 2: Getting hit enough will cause agony state and only allow you to crawl and do simple tasks.

Secondly, I want to add pain: If you get wounded, your pain level will rise, even if you are subsequently treated. The pain can be cured with morphine, but as long as you don't, it will limit your vision (blurry) and will not recover stamina beyond a certain point.

Thirdly, shock: If you receive more damage than a certain threshold in ONE hit, you drop unconcious. You will wake up after some time, or if someone administers Epinephrine.

Lastly, bleeding: If you receive damage to vital parts (head, chest), you start bleeding (maybe even legs and arms, but with a lower rate, then). Bleeding will drain your stamina and stamina will no longer recover at all, until you are bandaged.

This is all planned features, of course, feel free to comment on them.

I think all of these sound great and if I remember correctly, ACE had a wounding system quite similar. And it was great. I hope you can get it to work in SP too so that the AI can patch up human players.
(01-15-2015, 02:48 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Please discuss here comments and wishes for a future medical script.
My wishlist (on top of what Varanon plans):
1. Be able to throw all throwable items while in agony state, but it must be limited to a very short distance.
2. Be able to insert a wounded comrade into a vehicle while carrying him.
3. Epinephrine to bring back from consciousness, morphine to ease on pain, bandage to stop bleeding, and THAT'S IT.

Check, all of that is in. I also don't want it to be too complicated, so what you wrote under 3 is what I want the medic to be able to do. Nothing like checking what limb is hit, special care for patients with low blood sugar or any such complicated stuff...

The system's called FHQ Simple Medic System, so nomen es omen so to speak Wink
(01-15-2015, 02:54 PM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you can get it to work in SP too so that the AI can patch up human players.

Yeah, I definitely want the AI to be able to do that
Sounds great Varanon. Pretty ambitious.

Q1:
we will have one option to rule them all? i mean in the action menu we will have one action command or several dedicated:
- First aid
- Stop bleeding
- etc.

Q2:
Procedures can be used by anyone or only by medic?

Q3:
Blood transfusion will be supported?

Q3:
since is a script and you might not have an A3 object for each operation i suppose you will not add in inventory stuff like bandages, morphine... etc, right?

The way you design the script depends on the type of gameplay you have in mind i suppose.
I'd say keep it simple even it has more features than standard.
Q1:

Not sure about that yet. Probably one option for each thing to do, which will pop up depending on whether the patient is bleeding, in pain, unconcious, etc

Q2:

Medics only. There's a module already that you can link to anyone to make them a medic. I might make different options available to non-medics, like applying bandages (I guess everyone can do that) and morphine injectors (used one of those auto injectors on myself once, so it is something even a non-medic can do). Epinephrine has to be administered to the heart, I think, so it would be something only medics can do.

Q3:

No. Once the bleeding stops, you can regain stamina.

Q4:

It's not going to be a script, but an addon. So there will be inventory items for morphine, epinephrine, and bandages.

Also, to actually heal someone (reduce their damage value), a medkit is necessary. A medikit might also have several doses of epinephrine and morphine in it that can be administers by the medic in the process. I'm not sure on that yet.
Dang, I was truely hoping for an updated script based revive system that did not require any .pbos so that I could publish missions on the Workshop without required mods.
Something that allowed:
Blacked out screen when unconcious
Bleed out timer
Bleed out stabilisation - use of FAK
Revive - use of medical kit + medic (or definable in the script itself)
Carry/Drag/Load options for unconcious players

(01-16-2015, 08:10 AM)Imperator link Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, I was truely hoping for an updated script based revive system that did not require any .pbos so that I could publish missions on the Workshop without required mods.
Something that allowed:
Blacked out screen when unconcious
Bleed out timer
Bleed out stabilisation - use of FAK
Revive - use of medical kit + medic (or definable in the script itself)
Carry/Drag/Load options for unconcious players
That's exactly what Psycho's does, and Alwarren is going to publish a fix for it soon.
(01-15-2015, 03:52 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Check, all of that is in. I also don't want it to be too complicated, so what you wrote under 3 is what I want the medic to be able to do. Nothing like checking what limb is hit, special care for patients with low blood sugar or any such complicated stuff...

The system's called FHQ Simple Medic System, so nomen es omen so to speak Wink

My dreams are coming true! I can't wait, this sounds so awesome!!
Yey! Long live FHQ!!!!
Ability to access a wounded guy's inventory, wounded guy's ability to access his inventory and drop stuff while in agony state.