Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: AGM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eh all .. Am new here and just tryed out some of the missions on the server. I come from a Mil Sim group and am looking for a good group to do some CO-Op with. One thing I think that is missing within your mod pack and missions is AGM. I would love to see you guys be willing to add it to the mod pack and try it out. It really adds a new level of gameplay to the missions. Here is the link to AGM  https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/wiki  Check it out. I think it really adds alot to CO-Op missions.  I hope so see to see you all Sunday
Honestly, I don't know exactly how AGM works, but I guess it's like ACE, i.e. it is enabled for all missions that you play, not only for missions that explicitly enable it ?

If yes, I would strongly oppose adding it, because we've seen with ACE that it can practically destroy missions that are not prepared for it.
Hey Dobrowney, and welcome to Comrades in Arms!

To elaborate on Varanon's post - It is important to us to keep accessibility to most (if not all) missions produced in the community, and as far as we could investigate, AGM can alter behavior in missions that do not include any AGM modules. Therefore, adding it would break a lot of the missions we host. As we upload any coop (reasonable) mission made by the community, we simply can't add AGM as much as we like its features.

If you know anything else about AGM and its effects on vanilla missions (or non-vanilla missions that do not require AGM), please let us know.
To make sure, I checked with the AGM team. See the correspondence here. Short version - Probably won't work with vanilla missions that use any kind of first aid scripts and/or special scriptions.
(11-26-2014, 03:36 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]To make sure, I checked with the AGM team. See the correspondence here. Short version - Probably won't work with vanilla missions that use any kind of first aid scripts and/or special scriptions.

That is what I fear.

We saw that in ACE for vanilla missions:

- The medics did not have medical equipment, making them totally useless
- Change of strength in certain weapons (example: SMAW) made it impossible to destroy certain targets
- Bugs (for ACE sepcifically)

Bottom line: I wish people would make their mods in such a way that the mission determines whether it is used or not. Everything else asks for trouble, and sadly, it seems like AGM isn't an exception
I had an (admittedly) short look at AGM.

I will have to say that I seriously wish that AGM would not influence the default missions, or that a server admin could selectively enable/disable certain features. It seems that deleting the appropriate pbo will have that effect, but I am not sure if that needs to be done on the server only, or on all clients as well. In the letter case, we can forget about it; in the former case, this might be worth a look.

What I like:
- Backblast
- Corrected vest protection
- Explosives can be attached to things and detonated separately, mines can be targeted, etc.
- Extended tanks FCS
- Grenade throw modes
- Mag repack integrated
- Ammo count hidden, check key to see if you have some left
- Weapon resting
- Top-Down attack mode for missile launchers
- realistic range finder
- wind
- NVG brightness

Lot's of good stuff. The biggie for me though: The medical system. For two reasons.

1. I don't like it. It is more or less a souped-up version of ACE, and I didn't like that to begin with. Too complicated to handle, and while yeah it might empower the medic role, IMO it is too bloated and will only slow the game down. I am not a fan of FAK's, but I prefer a simple first aid module like in Arma 2's AIS.

Still, I could live with this.

2. The big deal: I don't really like the idea of having to remove revive scripts from all missions. Any custom revive script would need to be manually removed.