Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ_GroupInfo (The addon formerly know as CommandBarLabel)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-19-2015, 09:53 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]LOS is a must and I would also further reduce distance based on fog and light conditions.

There was an ArmA2 night mission we played where it would've been interesting if we had to put some effort in staying together, but mk4 hud ruined that; showing where everyone was even though it was pitch black.  >Sad

I can try to reduce visibility during fog and night. I think Varanon's idea about LOS was good - half the distance when you do not have LOS.
Alright, first post updated with a new version.

This version of GroupInfo implements the functionality of Mk4 hud as well as everything else I outlined before.

The line-of-sight check has been modified. Units that are obscured from view still show up on the HUD, however, they are half as transparent as non-obscured units, meaning they are harder to see. This simulates the possibility to hear people without actually seeing them. We'll have to test how this works.

Keys are all configurable. You need to be inside a mission in order to do that.

Let me know what you think
I take it's not as performance heavy as Mk4 hud?
(03-19-2016, 02:05 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]I take it's not as performance heavy as Mk4 hud?

I don't know. I never had performance issues with mk4 HUD, so I can't really say. You'll have to test it.
Updated the first post again, fixed a minor issue
Based on the feedback, here is a new version of GroupInfo. The following changes have been implemented:

• Range increased from 30 to 50 meters
  • Position of labels now takes buildings into account
  • Position of labels now adjusts for stance
  • When the HUD button is released, the labels don't vanish immediately but start to fade out. Current time is 5 seconds, I might make this a setting and/or tweak the hardcoded value.
As usual, feedback is highly appreciated.
Varanon came up with a good idea. First post updated with an even newer version.

There are now three keys
  1. Show  HUD
  2. Show HUD (fade out)
  3. Toggle HUD
#1 is the previous method and mapped by default.
#2 is like #1 except that instead of disappearing the HUD will fade
#3 will toggle the HUD on and off with each button press.

Typically, only one of these should be mapped, but you can have all three as well.
Nice! Toggle should be very useful as medic. Franticly searching for wounded  can be a bit tricky some times, dodging bullets and maneuvering while trying to find people
Alwarren you should post this beauty in Armaholic.
Thank you FHQ, awesome mod and what Variable said.
More options/keys, gotta love it  8)  Thanks and PwS Collection updated.
I only see #2 in the keybinds.
Yeah, problem seems to be that I cannot pass an "empty" keybind as default, and on top of that CBA happily saves that crap making it impossible to change again. I uploaded a new version that fixes that please try again.

First post updated with new version.

What's new:
When on the map, pressing ALT and left mouse button will show a globally visible dot on the map with your name next to it. This functionality was prior in MapDraw, but since that is no obsolete I decided to move the pointing functionality into GroupInfo.
I love it when things are just getting better and better Big Grin
Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6