Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ_GroupInfo (The addon formerly know as CommandBarLabel)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(10-10-2015, 08:26 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Alwarren any ETA for new version which will fix this error in .rpt

ETA is: Now Smile
First post updated. Fixes the RPT errors/key bindings
Thanks  Big Grin
Nice one Alwarren  8)  Updating PwS profile now.
Alwarren whether this new function, in CBA, can somehow improve your addon?

Quote:ADDED: Multiplayer fireteam color synchronization (#185) BaerMitUmlaut
(12-01-2015, 10:25 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Alwarren whether this new function, in CBA, can somehow improve your addon?

Have to check it but I guess what it does is the same basic functionality that I have built into GroupInfo, i.e. it makes the team color globally available.
Ok  Smile
I have a small idea for an addition to this brilliant addon, or maybe it belongs in a totally new one. Any way what I propose is a "Take command" addon.

In essence it would be an action that transfers the command bar to anyone in a group. Say I'm in a group and my leader gets killed. Nr 2 gets the command bar but does not want to take over command. I could then "press a button" and get the command bar and assume the leader role.

Could also be useful if the leader gets revived and looses the command bar and wants to get it back again.
Excellent idea!
ShackTac Interact mod  Wink .... just disable ACE dependency.
If it does what McG suggested, Im all for it =)
I wasn't aware of the ShacTac Interact mod. I wonder if that "join group" function actually makes you join said group and adds you to the leaders command bar? Would also be very useful! Anyway An in-house CiA version would obviously be infinitely more cool  8)
(12-11-2015, 10:37 AM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't aware of the ShacTac Interact mod. I wonder if that "join group" function actually makes you join said group and adds you to the leaders command bar? Would also be very useful! Anyway An in-house CiA version would obviously be infinitely more cool  8)

Working on it Smile
Sweet!!!!  ;D
Okay, I have implemented the new functionality and am going to test it tonight. Here's a quick run-down of the new featureset.

First of all, it makes mk4 hud redundant. I have implemented a similar mechanism, since the relevant information (team colors, unit names, unit numbers) are also required for Group Info. Here's how the overlay looks like:

[Image: JeaDZdxm.jpg]
(you can click this image for a bigger version).

There are three major differences to mk4 hud:
  • Range is limited to 30 meters, not 60. I felt that 60 meters was too far, and I was using mk4 hud too frequently instead of doing "real" spotting.
  • Labels will fade out over distance, at 30 meters they will have turned transparent.
  • You will only see the label if you can physically see the unit. If you check the screenshot, you will see the "hex" of another unit behind the hill, but since the terrain obscures the unit and there is no clear line-of-sight.
The reason for that is that, in my opinion, mk4 makes it too easy to determine whether the guy you saw behind the fence is one of yours or an enemy.

As usual, there is the vehicle popup that lists vehicle crew and cargo:
[Image: d8stIg8m.png?1]

Green units are in your group, units in white (not shown here) are friendly units not in your team. Note that cargo now also contains the FFV positions, they are not listed as crew anymore. Cargo seats with the crosshair are FFV seats, while other seats are normal cargo.

Also, units embarking or disembarking are shown as a text message:

[Image: eXPvH8x.png?1]

It also shows the seat (gunner, driver, commander, cargo) that the unit has taken.

Finally, the keyboard shortcut for the config dialog has been replaced with a popup menu:
[Image: iHdSMic.png?1]

The items are probably pretty obvious, but here is a run-down:
  • Become group leader (only available if you are not the leader of the group) makes you the team leader. Very useful if you lost the command bar, or (with the next option) to take control of an AI team.
  • Join Group (only available if you are pointing at a unit not in your group) lets you join the targeted dude's group. You will leave your current one and join the other group. If that group is AI, you can take control over them easily.
  • Quick Assign Teams: There are items for one to five auto-assigned teams. (one team means clear to white). This function (only shows for the team leader) will automatically assign team colors. For example, the "2 teams" version will go through the units and alternatively assign them to red and blue team, which (usually) means red is odd and blue is even colors. "3 teams" will put 1 in red, 2, in blue, 3 in green, 4 in red again, 5 in blue, and so on. The others work similar.
  • Show Config Dialog shows the usual configuration dialog for the addon.
If all goes well, I will release the new version tomorrow Smile
It's, it's....... Beautiful!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6