Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CWR2 v1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coming soon... video is for +16  ;D

[url=
Whoa! Titties in Arma 2 Big Grin

Anyway, looking forward to CWR2... want to play the campaigns again
Just release it alreaaaaadyyyyyy...
Yeah, I want to play the campaigns and that will be my goodbye from CWR2.
(08-08-2014, 10:16 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Just release it alreaaaaadyyyyyy...
Yeah, I want to play the campaigns and that will be my goodbye from CWR2.

Kind of ironic... We're playing it for ages now, and it will be released now, and after that, most people won't play int anymore...
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... classics shall never die D:<

Though usually I don't stick around too long on SP, I dont't want to say good bye to it :'( , but I'll leave it around covering some dust I guess.
(08-08-2014, 10:24 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of ironic... We're playing it for ages now, and it will be released now, and after that, most people won't play int anymore...

It's not the destination, it's the journey.  Tongue
(08-08-2014, 10:24 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of ironic... We're playing it for ages now, and it will be released now, and after that, most people won't play int anymore...
Eye candy game win  :-\ The same scenario we had with A1 -> A2. A1 have great addons and good optimization but then A2 come and ppl want new toy  Sad
[url=
Oi T _ T , they should've asked me to curse in viet for them T _ T

Ahh those viet videos my mom watch, the bad guys always be like torturing people being like "CHET DI !! CHET DI!!" (translate: die already, die already).
(08-08-2014, 11:18 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Eye candy game win  :-\ The same scenario we had with A1 -> A2. A1 have great addons and good optimization but then A2 come and ppl want new toy  Sad
This is business reality and it 's not going to change. Modders need to take that into account, even if that means wrapping up their work and releasing it before they reach all their design goals. If they don't, their work will just sink into oblivion, just like what will happen to UNSUNG mod.
(08-08-2014, 11:18 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Eye candy game win  :-\ The same scenario we had with A1 -> A2. A1 have great addons and good optimization but then A2 come and ppl want new toy  Sad

"Eye candy game" is not fair. Arma 3 has come a long way, and with recent additions like fatigue, is shapring up to be more than just  an "eye candy game". Personally, I have come to the point were I simply prefer Arma 3 over Arma 2. I like the firefights better, I like the handling better, the only thing I miss in Arma 3 are the assetcs of Arma 2, which is why I joined CUP.

I am glad it is this way around, because Arma 2 is dying a slow death, and as we see every Tuesday, it is getting less and less playtime.
(08-09-2014, 07:16 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]This is business reality and it 's not going to change. Modders need to take that into account, even if that means wrapping up their work and releasing it before they reach all their design goals. If they don't, their work will just sink into oblivion, just like what will happen to UNSUNG mod.

The problem is also that a lot of mods just take too long. If you look how long CWR2 was in development, it's no surprise that it has been overtaken by history. Not saying they're to blame for it, things progress as they will and there is little you can do about it, but the matter of fact is that CWR2 took years, and the gap between Arma 1 and Arma 2, in years, was shorter than the gap between Arma 2 and Arma 3.
That's true Alwarren, but it seems to me (and maybe I'm wrong), that more than a year ago CWR2 have been already 90% finished and could have been wrapped up and released as complete. Later additions could have been issued by patches, if at all. I think such end for CWR2 would have been more dignified.
(08-09-2014, 11:01 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]That's true Alwarren, but it seems to me (and maybe I'm wrong), that more than a year ago CWR2 have been already 90% finished and could have been wrapped up and released as complete. Later additions could have been issued by patches, if at all. I think such end for CWR2 would have been more dignified.

100% agreed. TBH, I was surprised that they hadn't officially released it earlier, more so since the DLC packs they did I always considered separate parts. As it is now, with more and more people abandoning Arma 2, it's not getting the attention it deserved; and people abandoning Arma 2 was to be expected since quite a while.

But I guess it's getting time to say good-bye to Flashpoint. It has been there along all other Arma games, but the chances of ever seeing it in Arma 3 are... slim.
CWR2 v1.0 is out. See first post for details.
They ad new island Poseidon LINK
Quote:Around two years ago, W0lle had the crazy idea to port the terrain used in the "Poseidon Technology Demo" from 1997 to CWR². And a crazy idea it was indeed because to achieve this, Mikero had to update his Editing Tools so the ancient data format becomes readable. And then Jakerod spent more than a year on deciding how the terrain should look like, creating the textures and villages while trying to stay as close to the original as possible.
The result is maybe one of the most beautiful and detailed terrains we ever created with a lot of interesting spots. We are sure this will give mission creators some inspiration and then even more fun for you.
[Image: poseidon_postcard-1024x768.jpg]
Pages: 1 2