Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: MERCS Campaign by IndeedPete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can recommend this single player campaign called MERCS by IndeedPete:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25619

Features:
Story-Driven Single-Player Campaign
First Person Cutscenes
Infantry / Light Vehicle Gameplay
Large Variety of Mission Types
Decisions have Vast Impact on Story / Current Mission
Small Side Stories within a Mission(-set)
Custom Conversation System
Custom Shop System
Custom Textures
Voice Acting (Optional, in the future.)
Thanks Pacifico! Will add it to my ever expanding "need to play" list...
The custom post-process effect in the missions makes my eyes bleed.
You weren't kidding...the bloom/contrast or whatever is way overblown.

Overall though, seems pretty good.  On the mission where we're trying to find out info about a missing girl, it took me several minutes to "find the ringing phone" because your positioning while looking at the phone has to be SO precise that I missed it several times because it didn't look like you could interact with it.  Then, next mission, you are supposed to find a businessman inside of the airport, when in reality he is way out on the tarmac and you have to run around the building to get out there (because the rear glass doors don't do anything).

Other than those annoyances, it seems well-designed so far.
(07-27-2014, 01:44 AM)MavericK link Wrote:when in reality he is way out on the tarmac and you have to run around the building to get out there (because the rear glass doors don't do anything).

Other than those annoyances, it seems well-designed so far.

The door you park near/in front of is useable, it's just all the rest that are locked.
I'm playing this now, it's great. The post-processing effect can be cancelled now.
Some missions are really well made, and the campaign is rather long! On the good side of long.