Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Sound mods about to get broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems like development has been ceased on both Speed of Sound and JSRS, and now BIS are changing stuff that will require sound mods adjustment. We are about to be fucked.
(07-05-2014, 12:34 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like development has been ceased on both Speed of Sound and JSRS, and now BIS are changing stuff that will require sound mods adjustment. We are about to be fucked.

I am not sure if SOS is still being developed or not. I have a "speedofsound2" off PwS that wasn't on Armaholic.
I have SOS2 as well, the dev will release his mod updates on his own web site. I use SOS2, some sounds are not quite there yet, but feels a bit more natural than JSRS at some points.

From what i've heard JSRS will not be developed for a while.

ACSE seems promising tho.
I'm afraid SOS is discontinued. The message about the author's website is not valid anymore:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2711849
Maybe using a reverb mod could be used as workaround, meaning if reverb is generally applied as an effect on all sounds occurring instead of replacing ingame sounds (so future sounds implemented in the game by Bohemia would still be processed by the effect without further needs for the addon update).

I've heard some good reverbs for arma 3, check Enhanced Soundscape from Laxemann.
[url=
(07-05-2014, 04:28 PM)3lackrose link Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe using a reverb mod could be used as workaround, meaning if reverb is generally applied as an effect on all sounds occurring instead of replacing ingame sounds (so future sounds implemented in the game by Bohemia would still be processed by the effect without further needs for the addon update).

I've heard some good reverbs for arma 3, check Enhanced Soundscape from Laxemann.
[url=
A little bit unrelated but maybe someone can help me. When I use the Speed Of Sound V2 it totally breaks my VTS weapon resting mod. It loads up fine but I can't use it. As soon as I disable SOS it works again. Any ideas on how to fix it??  :o
No idea as I don't use SoS, but I would just post on the VTS thread, the guy in charge is responsive. Or just wait a day or two until SoS gets broken anyway and remove it Wink
(07-13-2014, 11:55 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]No idea as I don't use SoS, but I would just post on the VTS thread, the guy in charge is responsive. Or just wait a day or two until SoS gets broken anyway and remove it Wink

Sound advice  Wink
LJ update all config files JSRS update 2.1B  Wink
Ahhhhh there's hope! Thanks Horus!
I just realized what the CAF Aggressors errors were the last time - the weapon sounds in Aggressors are broken now. I tried making a mission with them and no weapon from the addon has sound.
Weren't those updated? I remember uploading some CAF update files to the server not too long ago.
I found nothing about a update to CAF Aggressors.
Isn't it this one? Wasn't issued by the CAF guys, but still: "CAF Aggressors Audio Fix", scroll down a little
Pages: 1 2