Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Ragdoll mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tested few ragdoll mods, so far if i have to choose i'd go for Zooloo's mod for ragdoll.
The animation is not something that makes me use this mod but the fact you no longer get killed by AI while emptying an entire clip in it. After one or two shots AI fells down, he cannot shoot while shot at it.
However you have to double tap them now, if they fall down doesn't mean they dead.
The mod affects the player as well.
Until we will have a solution for suppression effect on AI i think a mod like this will be a good substitute.
Have you guys tested anything related? Would you have something like this on server?
(06-26-2014, 11:37 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]Until we will have a solution for suppression effect on AI i think a mod like this will be a good substitute.
AI on the server are fully suppressible. We use TPWCAS AI suppression mod. Also, we use ASR AI, and it's configured to dramatically reduce the AI skill and accuracy when it's hit (if I recall I set it to 50% drop with each hit). Personally, since we use these two mods, I never even once felt unrightfully killed while shooting an AI.

Has anyone?
No, the AI misses a lot of shots and usually gives you more then one chance to get to cover if you are shot at. Enemy vehicles aswell seem to be less accurate.

Most of times if you get shot is due to being exposed to enemy fire for prolonged time, I only had one occasion where enemy AI felt too accurate but it happened only in a mission and they were CSAT wearing grey uniform so maybe specops with skill set at maximum.

I like the Zooloo's ragdoll for other reasons, as example:
"An helicopter exploded close to me and the blast made me flew on the ground.. i thought i was dead and after getting up i was just slightly injured.. wow! Now this is something that will give a nice change in gameplay if it works in multiplayer.. "

Getting briefly incapacitated from injuries is what i really like of this addon. As alias said you'll often have to shot someone when they fall to make sure they are dead for good, and works both on AI and on the player so you'll fall aswell from hits and imagine how that can impact some situations.

It also gives you the feeling of the "shock" when being hit.
(06-26-2014, 01:11 PM)3lackrose link Wrote: [ -> ]I like the Zooloo's ragdoll for other reasons, as example:
"An helicopter exploded close to me and the blast made me flew on the ground.. i thought i was dead and after getting up i was just slightly injured.. wow! Now this is something that will give a nice change in gameplay if it works in multiplayer.. "
Sounds good indeed! Is it MP compatible? Who needs to run it, I suppose all clients and the server?
I don't know, on BIS forums nobody mentioned MP yet (or i missed it), not even the author. I tried to play as client on multiplayer but it didn't trigger the ragdoll, so i assume it is being calculated from the host. I guess a test between 2 computers (one host, running the mod and other one joining the mission with or without it) will give the answers for it. Keep in mind the mod is being worked and i guess it will receive frequent updates.
Just watched the videos. I don't like how it makes units fly from a bullet impact. It's highly unrealistic, bullets (and especially ones fired by a pistol) don't have such a tremendous stopping power. I also don't like how they are pushed sideways... doesn't make sense.
I don't know what video you watched, but i think that's cause it is hard to trigger the ragdoll and the author had to come with a workaround (i think it spawns an invisible object that pushes the target) i've seen some where they fly too much but in the version i use they usually drop dead on place most of times, maybe cause i use it combined with the enhanced ragdoll physics addon that adds weight on certain body parts.

It is being worked on, maybe it will get improved and eventually open ideas for the concept. Maybe balance it depending on the weapon used etc.