Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Rainbow Six Siege
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like a rainbow six going in the right direction bit if they add pre-phase planning back. Doesn't look like there's that regenerating health bullshit I guess.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/10/why-ub...0&ns_fee=0
Considering who is making this game I have to be SUPER skeptical...but I agree, it looks like they MIGHT be going a bit back to the roots, though it seems more of an action game than tactical.
Yeah, the gunplay seems a bit arcadey too and the bad shootings. It looks more so than Vegas but.... its ubisoft, they already murder rainbow six -_- . One guy told me about it and he's kind of having hope. Ubisoft, I'm usually really skeptical about them. I guess PCGamer is just saying WHY it got to be moddable. Now if it wasn't, I'll expect run and gun idiocy. Is it me or are SWAT vs cop stuff the new trend next. (In an arcadey fashion). If there was a SWAT 5 done right, that'd be nice. That'd be a real deal.

Battlefield Hardline and Rainbow Six Siege.
I guess last year's trend was Future Warfare. This year's trend is fake police force more explosion.
I'm with Maverick on this one, I am skeptical of Ubisoft's ability to bring out anything Rainbow Six related.

I *do* look forward to The Witcher 3, Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen and The Division. At least the Witcher I know will have solid gameplay, and quite sure about Elite and Star Citizen... The Division, it really *looks* good.
(06-11-2014, 11:22 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with Maverick on this one, I am skeptical of Ubisoft's ability to bring out anything Rainbow Six related.

See what they made of Ghost Recon... I mean, I liked GR: Future Warrior, but it WAS a mindless shooter and not a real Ghost Recon.

Rainbow Six went a similar way.. I liked Las Vegas, but it wasn't Rainbow Six anymore.

I bet the new one isn't Rainbow Six, either...

The problem these days is that games are made for console first, and PC second... you're lucky if you get a PC version. However, PC and console players ARE a different breed. You will not sell the old Rainbow Six on  consoles...

Seems like the days of those games are gone.
http://youtu.be/5VEb60m0_S0

Might as well call this Counter Six: Rain Explosions (with Drones). Looks like Counterstrike with drones and iron sights... oh... and, bombs to blow holes in walls. Doesn't look like good ol' rainbow six at all. Its just a name now :/

What is the hostage doing at 0:58 :o (random position switch looks a bit awkward to me)

Most people who comments nowadays are like "Yes! Best tactical shooter ever!!" and admits the only other rainbow six they've played was vegas.
It's a console game. What more do you need to say ?

I don't mean to bash on console players, but the average console player does not have the patience needed to play a tactical game like Rainbow Six (or Arma, for that matter). It's just not what consoles stand for.
I didn't realize it's out yet lol
I think it's alpha but this to me is too cheap. It's ubi I guess. $60 price tag? I can get more out of insurgency for 1/4 the price or might as well play counterstrike.
My buddy linked me a beta key if someone wants to try. I probably won't get around to it (nor am I interested in the looks of this bad Rainbow Six)

http://m.gamerevolution.com/features/tom...d-xbox-one

He seems to like it and say its tactical -_- ... I beg to differ. You can't have tactical with hitscans... and bollocks