Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TFR in A2:CO but ...It requires @CBA_CO addon and beta patch no less than 1.62.103718 to work....
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25864
Quote:Description:
This is a port of the famous Task Force Radio for Arma 3 to Arma 2: OA.
It requires @CBA_CO addon and beta patch no less than 1.62.103718 to work. Having @ACE addon is very preferable, otherwise you will encounter different errors. You can play without it, though, but make sure to delete task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign then.
Full documentation on the original add-on can be found here: http://radio.task-force.ru/.

Installation:
1) Unpack the archive in game folder. There should be a @TFAR_A2 folder now.
2) Go to @TFAR_A2, copy "Keys" and "userconfig" folders to the game folder.
3) Depending on the TeamSpeak version (either 3.0.14 or older — 3.0.13, for example), copy the contents of one of the folders (3.0.14 — Teamspeak 3 Client; older one — before 3.0.14) in the core folder of TS3. Make sure that TS3 sees and loads the plugin. If you already have an actual version of TF Radio for ArmA-III installed, you can skip this step, as the plugins are totally compatible.
4) Add @TFAR_A2 to the launcher (or in enabled mods, if you run ArmA2 via Steam). Preferably, it should be in the very end of the mod queue.
5) Open "arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp", make changes according to your preferences and using the provided keyboard layout.
Cool! Would you guys like to add that?
Sounds cool and it makes sense to have the A2 environment similar to the A3 one where possible.
We'd need to use a beta patch, then, though
And ACE. The Arma 2 port supposedly works without ACE, but "you will get errors". Which, frankly, is beyond my understanding.
(06-05-2014, 11:25 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]We'd need to use a beta patch, then, though
Unless you remove one file: "You can play without it, though, but make sure to delete task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign then"

Not sure if this eliminate the errors completely or just limits them.
(06-05-2014, 03:21 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you remove one file: "You can play without it, though, but make sure to delete task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign then"

Not sure if this eliminate the errors completely or just limits them.

I guess it would be good to just test it once before we decide to add it.
Hey Alwarren, Variable said something about you having the audio file for TFR sound effects, i was unable to find them on forums, can you point them out for me pls? Danke Smile
Click the link in my original post.
(06-05-2014, 11:25 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]We'd need to use a beta patch, then, though
Yes we need beta patch but don't need ACE  ;D
Quote:It requires @CBA_CO addon and beta patch no less than 1.62.103718 to work. Having @ACE addon is very preferable, otherwise you will encounter different errors. You can play without it, though, but make sure to delete task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign then.
Our A2 PwS profile has the beta patch as a Recommended mod already, so I can just move that to the Required list to ensure people are using it. CBA_CO is already in the Required list.

As we'll need to remove the ace.pbo, it will be better if I host a version without that on our server and have our PwS profile use that, otherwise there's a risk that it will get reinstalled when people refresh/diagnose via PwS. The TS3 plugin is the same as the A3 one, so anyone who uses PwS with A3 and TFAR will have that installed already.

I'll try and get this tested ASAP.
Installed on the server. Run the service called "Beta + CiA + TFAR" on Firedaemon. Please test and see that it works.
(06-07-2014, 12:33 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Installed on the server. Run the service called "Beta + CiA + TFAR" on Firedaemon. Please test and see that it works.

Thanks, will do.
Yep, seems fine. No errors and I spawn with the SR and LR radios, which both activate OK. Smile

I've updated the PwS profile to make the beta a Required mod and added the TFAR mod, minus the ace.pbo, as '@tfar_co_a2_noACE'. I've left the "Beta + CiA + TFAR" server running, so if anyone else wants to test it, either via PwS or installing TFAR and deleting the ace.pbo manually, just to double-check that'd be great but it certainly seems OK as far as I can tell.

So if we're happy, I'll update the Required mods thread as appropriate and perhaps you could send out one of your e-mails Variable, advising people that they need to install TFAR for A2 and the beta patch no less than 1.62.103718. PwS will install the latest beta by default, which should be fine but it's easy to Change Version and set it to a different one if necessary. Those who don't use PwS can download the beta from here:
http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
So it seems there might be some issues with the latest beta http://ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic...9#msg24959 but it's not clear whether it's the client/server or both that's the problem.

So do we want to

a) tell players to use an older 1.63 beta,
b) do a) and revert the server to an older 1.63 beta
c) revert the server to the 1.62.103718 beta and tell players to use that as well?
Pages: 1 2