Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Star Citizen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey!

I was wondering, is anybody else backing Star Citizen?

In case you don't know it: http://robertsspaceindustries.com/
If you know what "Wing Commander" is and you thought it was a cool game, then this might be just what you were looking for Smile
I'm backing it. in 30$ I think. I wish it was X-Wing, tough...
Heh, I'm afraid I poured a bit more in it, but then, I have a shiny new Origin 315P scout ship in my hangar now Smile
Proud backer here  8) I backed it in the early days in 2012. I have maybe put a little more money into it than I should have but the minute I saw Chris Roberts name I was like, Sold!
I'm really looking forward to this one. I think it will be something special
BTW I'm "Tody" over on the RSI forums
Yep, I backed back in Oct. 2012...just an Aurora, but I put in for the LX and then the LN later.

HUGE Wing Commander fan, as you can tell by my nick.  Wink
(05-20-2014, 02:56 AM)MavericK link Wrote:Yep, I backed back in Oct. 2012...just an Aurora, but I put in for the LX and then the LN later.

HUGE Wing Commander fan, as you can tell by my nick.  Wink

Oh yeah, I get it now that you mention it. I remember back in the days when I finally got a soundcard for my computer for Christmas (It was a BIG thing back then). Wing Commander and Star Wars Rebel Assault came bundled with it. Aaaah the good old days  ;D
New trailer for Star Citizen:

Man, I am really hyped for this game, especially with playing Elite now... SC has hit potential.
(12-20-2014, 02:31 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:New trailer for Star Citizen:

Man, I am really hyped for this game, especially with playing Elite now... SC has hit potential.

I got this game from the AMD Never Settle promotion which came with a ship. Can't wait to actually try the game. Looks amazing and I am hyped up too for it.
(12-21-2014, 01:54 AM)Den link Wrote:I got this game from the AMD Never Settle promotion which came with a ship. Can't wait to actually try the game. Looks amazing and I am hyped up too for it.

Funny side note: In an interview I saw with the chief designer of the FPS module (the part of the game were you run around and eventually shoot stuff, including Zero-G combat), he was asked to name a game which he wanted to emulate with the FPS module. He said "If there was one game I should name, it would be ARMA. Think of a mixture between ARMA and Rainbow Six".
(12-21-2014, 02:06 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Funny side note: In an interview I saw with the chief designer of the FPS module (the part of the game were you run around and eventually shoot stuff, including Zero-G combat), he was asked to name a game which he wanted to emulate with the FPS module. He said "If there was one game I should name, it would be ARMA. Think of a mixture between ARMA and Rainbow Six".

That's what I have hoped for the whole time. I'm sooo excited for SC!
I don't think there was such an ambitious game in history.
Hehe, the guy in the video has the same ship as me, although I have the Scout version (Origin 316P).
(12-25-2014, 05:04 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Hehe, the guy in the video has the same ship as me, although I have the Scout version (Origin 316P).

Nice, Looks like a nice ship.

I've tried it for a short amount and it was good fun to play, tried the Squadron attack which was decent but I died after killing the boss after being left with Heavy damage and 1 Gun out of 2 by the Boss and had some small flying around time. The racing went awful because I keep crashing my ship. Many things left to fix and add (It's in Patch 1 at the moment which I understand) but it has some great potential if they keep up development.

I still have to get fully used to the piloting.

Has a lot of FPS drops though. I'm guessing it will take a while before better FPS via drivers etc.

Very fun game so far but I personally think that those who didn't get it, could wait a while longer to get more updates imo.
Star Citizen raised my eyebrows but I'm still not clear what I need to pay be able to play. Buy a ship, subscription, pledge? I'm confused and too tired to find out. Please tell me if 20$ ship is what makes me able to play it.
(12-26-2014, 03:08 AM)Misha link Wrote:Star Citizen raised my eyebrows but I'm still not clear what I need to pay be able to play. Buy a ship, subscription, pledge? I'm confused and too tired to find out. Please tell me if 20$ ship is what makes me able to play it.

I don't know much about how payment works either, and when you gain access. I had it from one of the GPUs I brought but I believe https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge that the 20$ ship is out of stock it says.

Gives Star Citizen Digital Download which I presume it's full game at launch in 2 years or w/e, Beta Access which I have no idea when that happens or if you get access to it in the current state.

Also I'll warn you that even on my decently spec GTX 770/i5 4690K, it has many fps drops at times so be prepared to deal with issues like these. So you might want to wait a while more if you don't want to deal with these issues. Entirely up to you.

Maybe Alwarren knows more.
Pages: 1 2 3