Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Auto Minimize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't had this problem in Arma 2 but in Arma 3 it always happen. Previously if Windows or Apps key is hit I will auto minimize so I autohotkey to change the windows and apps key to my radio keys instead, but now I encounter another issue.

Today sometimes when I click right mouse button to aim down my sights, the game would minimize itself and I would see Expand All, Collapse All (Teamspeak 3 button like if Teamspeak went over to main program if I were to right click on the main channel itself). Sometimes its like if I right click in the middle of Desktop for no reason and the game minimize. I don't know what the problem is (if steam pop ups with an event or something back in Arma 2 for me it would minimize but I turn off steam so I won't have to deal with that). Deos anyone know how to fix this problem? Is it because I'm using Dual Screen with Aero off? Should I turn it back on?
Aero should have no influence. I recall I had this problem with OFP looong ago. For me, an alt-tab and then clicking the taskbar fixed it most times (in XP). But this might be totally different.

If you switch off the second monitor (so windows does not detect it), is the problem still present?
I'll probably try it next time. Maybe I should just leave Aero back on since it automatically switch off my second monitor.
I turn off the second monitor, it is possible for me to move cursor out of the Arma 3 screen and click on desktop to the side. Any way to temporally disable the second monitor when playing Arma 3? Maybe, auto focus just on Arma 3 or something

Maybe I should try AutoWindowManager

Actually AutoWindowManager causes way too much problems for me.
You could temporary switch to clone desktop instead of extend, maybe there's even a hotkey for that.  Then just switch it off.
On the other hand, it should just work on a normal dual monitor setup, and your mouse should not be able to go off the screen in a full screen application I think.
Strange issue, because I use dual screens, nVidia, etc. as well and I don't have this problem.
But if I get this correctly, Phantom is using windows and app keys... I don't think that is a good idea, ever.
Not anymore. I disable them. So I got that problem out of the way. Now I'm asking about right clicking. If you use autohotkey script and map app and windows to something else. Their functionality stop as well. So if u map windows and app to nothing and hit them, nothing happens.
(05-03-2014, 05:24 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Not anymore. I disable them. So I got that problem out of the way. Now I'm asking about right clicking. If you use autohotkey script and map app and windows to something else. Their functionality stop as well. So if u map windows and app to nothing and hit them, nothing happens.

That is assuming that there never is any hiccup and autohotkey always translates them, which might not be true if a higher priority input handler is present. I would just not use them.
What about the right clicks minimize then?
(05-03-2014, 06:49 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]What about the right clicks minimize then?

I don't know, but I am just saying that IMHO it is a bad idea to use the Windows and App keys. I would advice to try without them, and see if your problem persists.
Is insert a bad button or no? I'm using that for Long Range. Well, my fingers are not very well accustom to CAPS at times so I hope this works out alright.
(05-03-2014, 07:32 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Is insert a bad button or no? I'm using that for Long Range. Well, my fingers are not very well accustom to CAPS at times so I hope this works out alright.

I think I use Insert as well, but mapped to a side button of my mouse (it has 12 side buttons, gotta make use of them Wink)
Phantom, where are your hands located when you play? I mean, right hand on the mouse, and left hand on the WASD?
Also, Phantom and Maverick, please reupload your avatars, they got broken.
(05-04-2014, 08:52 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Phantom, where are your hands located when you play? I mean, right hand on the mouse, and left hand on the WASD?
Yes, but I have a preference of hitting my push to talk button with my thumbs instead of my little pinkies. I'm usually use to hitting push to talk buttons with either my thumb or my index fingers.
Pages: 1 2