Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Wargame: Red Dragon - Gameplay Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A nice video ilustrating all the new features. Quite impressive!
I'm pretty sure that without Arma, this would have been "my" game.

[url=
I like wargame. I wish there was LAN on it and more coop feature though which is why I take MOW over it.
Old topic but I will reply anyways. I recently purchased Wargame bundle and have been playing with some ppl. It occured to me that its possible to play TvT style and I have contacted some Swedish groups and arranged a "war". Unfortunately some of our guys do not have Red Dragon, only AirLand. What´s your opinion, interested to try some Nato vs Warsaw Pact hoopla some night? It would have to be in November, and I believe the game supports only 10 players in total in MP mode (5 vs 5).
I'm interested. I loved Air Land battle but I have very little experience in it (I have Red Dragon but have yet to install it). If I'll be told what to do I suppose I can be somewhat helpful.
I'll be able to play on Tuesdays.
Tuesday 25th of November? Time to practice Smile Think you can muster enough ppl?
(10-22-2014, 10:48 AM)Spinoza link Wrote:Tuesday 25th of November? Time to practice Smile Think you can muster enough ppl?
Hard to tell. Guys, who's interested?
I'm good with this date Spinoza.
AirLand or Red dragon, we can play either one.
Knight and Ghost might be interested as well, especially Knight is an addict to that game. Me I like to play it from time to time but I have a general aversion against strategy games that makes it hard for me to like them, although the Wargame series is really good, and different.
Shall we settle on Red dragon?
I'm good with Red Dragon! Good opportunity to install it.
Need 4-5 players from CiA, if you think its not possible let me know and we will re-schedule.
I got back to trying the game and after frustrating attempts at completing ANY campaign, I'm glad to say I managed to get the grip on it. If you'd like to have a go at the SP campaigns, let me put some recommendations.
  • RTFM - Read the manual! It has important information about the strategic phase, which appears to be less trivial than I initially thought.
  • Read this steam forums post, it helped me a lot to understand all the (very important) battegroup attributes.
  • If you need further assistance, watch the walkthroughs by Stealth7, I've watched quite a lot of YouTube tutorials, some of them on very popular channels, and none of them came close to this guy's expertise. It's actually entertaining watching him play regardless of trying to learn the game.
  • Also, I'd be glad to help, so feel free posting a question here or approaching me directly.
Good hunting!
Been playing ALB a bit and despite the campaign quirks I loved it (old school cold war war gamer).

Do you think red dragon is worth purchasing?
Yes Stagwine, RD is definitely an improvement. It has Naval and amphibious warfare, the campaigns are fascinating and the quirks you experienced are mostly gone.