Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: VTS Simple Weapon Resting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Highly recommended, and it also just got updated. I think it is better than TMR.
BI Forums link.
How about the optics on TMR? I hate vanilla acog optics, but I like the one on TMR.
I actually don't like TMR optics. I prefer the vanilla.
Doesn't TMR adjusts the standard crazy sway and recoil too?
Yeah, it does. I had to let go of it because I was a bit annoyed with the way it handles AT weapons (makes them disposable, which is realistic but has the potential to break missions), and I didn't like it's sights.
I guess I should try to suck it up then T _ T but the fact AI shoot me pinpoint accurate if I shot them first is not pleasant.
(01-28-2014, 10:39 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't TMR adjusts the standard crazy sway and recoil too?

In that case we should either "ban" it from CiA, or make it mandatory. Things should be the same for everybody, IMO.
Alwarren that will force us to use server keys or interrogating each player what he runs, or force players to use something they don't like. I think the effect on gameplay TMR and such mods present is rather modest, and doesn't justify that.
(02-01-2014, 07:25 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]In that case we should either "ban" it from CiA, or make it mandatory. Things should be the same for everybody, IMO.

I kind of agree with this in a sense, though I think TMR's changes are much more subtle and not really game breaking or changing in a coop. Also TMR is upkept by somebody else now I believe, and I don't think it gets updated quite as often as Taosenai did, sadly I think he kinda gave up cause of RL issue's and ArmA issue's.
(02-01-2014, 07:52 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Alwarren that will force us to use server keys or interrogating each player what he runs, or force players to use something they don't like. I think the effect on gameplay TMR and such mods present is rather modest, and doesn't justify that.

I see what you mean, but I am not talking about "enforcing" or even verifying. I am just saying we should recommend to keep it off. It's also a nuisance for players that don't use it (at least it used to) since it always reports an error when a player opens an ammo crate with the mod installed.

In the end, I don't really care what we do with it, since this isn't a competition anyway Smile It's just that this is not a visual or effect mod like JSRS or Blastcore, it has game-changing effects, however subtle.. That's all.
TMR makes the PCML launchers disposable, which is OK for immersion, but crap when a mission relies on your AT gunners to be able to reload them. Or is that another mod?

(02-02-2014, 09:41 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]TMR makes the PCML launchers disposable, which is OK for immersion, but crap when a mission relies on your AT gunners to be able to reload them. Or is that another mod?
Yes, that's TMR.
I guess I'll use VTS instead of TMR then. It does modify some suppressor and can break some stuff if there's suppressors in crates and such.
I've always used TMR -so perhaps i should at least try this.