Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Revive script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We may almost have an acceptable revive script?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ive-Script
If you can die from headshots then ok. Not sure if it'll work on AI in a group respawn manner.
(12-30-2013, 06:32 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]If you can die from headshots then ok. Not sure if it'll work on AI in a group respawn manner.

Agreed. I usually dislike revive scripts if they can get you back from certain death. If I stand on a Satchel I shouldn't be able to revive no matter what.
Quote:Just shoot the player again and everything should be fine
Looks like you can never die with this.
(12-30-2013, 10:49 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you can never die with this.

Did you not see his replies to my post?  Wink
(12-30-2013, 10:50 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Did you not see his replies to my post?  Wink
Oops I didn't. Good job CK! Will keep an eye on this...
I'd say there should be 2 necessary things.

1) Bleed to death
2) Death from inevitable death (blowing yourself up from a satchel, getting shot in the head, getting blown to pieces by any piece of explosive shells/etc)
As of right now... I put down 4 satchels and blew myself up.... I am still alive crawling and able to use my gun (no iron sights but bleedout crawl without the bloody screen like in Arma 2). I still should be dead from 4 satchels.
(12-31-2013, 12:56 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]As of right now... I put down 4 satchels and blew myself up.... I am still alive crawling and able to use my gun (no iron sights but bleedout crawl without the bloody screen like in Arma 2). I still should be dead from 4 satchels.

*sigh* Yeah you should be dead. The explosive charges in Arma 3 have more punch anyway I think.

I think dead should be dead. Agony state should trigger if you take a lot of damage at once (say, more than 0.5) or if you get below 0.2 or something like that. If you drop beneath 0, you should be dead.

Makes me wonder if I shouldn't continue with my own script anyway.
(12-31-2013, 02:48 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me wonder if I shouldn't continue with my own script anyway.

Less wonder -more do ,young jedi  Big Grin