Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: @A3CM - ArmA 3 Chernarus Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its all of Arma2 maps in one mod/pack
Apparently its almost ready for release!

BI Forums
Nice. There's more locations around Chernarus that I find more interesting than Altis. Now if I got some AKs and such (I like massi's NATO spetnaz guns for that) and such, maybe I can remake or make a few things on Arma 3 on chernarus.
Discussion thread just been closed so it could be about to be released?? Smile
(12-16-2013, 03:18 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:Discussion thread just been closed so it could be about to be released?? Smile

I hope so. In the meantime, I'd like to point out kju's Community Update Project which I am actually helping out with, with the goal of bringing all Arma 2 content into Arma 3. Will be a hell of a big download though Wink
I'm so glad this is happening! Thx for mentioning, did not know about this until now.
(12-16-2013, 03:54 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:I hope so. In the meantime, I'd like to point out kju's Community Update Project which I am actually helping out with, with the goal of bringing all Arma 2 content into Arma 3. Will be a hell of a big download though Wink

Yeah seen it-i sometimes feel silly posting stuff here from BI forums as i know most of us spend far too much time there  Big Grin
Good that your a part of it, big download maybe but,what a download it will be!!!!  8)
This is exciting! Alwarren, tell us more about your involvement in this blessed project!
(12-16-2013, 09:00 PM)Variable link Wrote:This is exciting! Alwarren, tell us more about your involvement in this blessed project!

Well, I'll be working (at the beginning, in any case) on converting the weapons, i.e. stripping attachments, inserting the proxies, etc. I have no idea how much work that will be. What comes next, we'll see.

My prime intend in the whole thing is to be able to use the Arma 2 stuff to make new missions in Arma 3, not so much playing old Arma 2 missions on Arma 3, although All in Arma will do that.
OUT!!!!!

Map Pack
Tried Cherno briefly, looks good!  However, there are some bugs... (trees don't offer enough resistance for example)
Can we add this an Official CiA mod?
All works fine for me-need missions! Which i will get straight on too 8) 8)
The policy is to add addons that are required for at least a handful of missions. Once some missions are available for it, we will be able to add it, but not before...
In that case, we should get cracking on some missions Tongue (I still need to download, but I'll have to wait off the traffic)
(12-18-2013, 04:05 AM)Phantom link Wrote:In that case, we should get cracking on some missions Tongue (I still need to download, but I'll have to wait off the traffic)

Already started Smile
i think I'll mainly do Arma 3 missions on these islands in the future.

Why? What is the problem with Altis?

Well, Altis is big. The biggest island so far. And that is about the only thing. Size like this is bought at cost. These costs include a larger terrain grid (because the game still cannot do adaptive grids) and slower performance, among other things.

What you get is size. More places, more vistas, more things. However, on Altis, you just get more of the same. More flat plains. More hills. No larger forests. Heck, I think the forests on Stratis are bigger. Altis is too much of the same. Sarahni was much better with the beaches and deserty areas in the south growing more and more high-mountain-forests to the north. It USED its size to actually offer variety. Basing your island off an existing one is all nice, but that is what you get - a single large island with not much variation.

Mind you, the same holds true for most islands in Arma 2. However, the point is, they are smaller and hence have way better performance. I would have hoped the size of Altis would at least pay for variety, but it doesn't.
Pages: 1 2 3