Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ Map Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey Comrades.

Since we no longer have mk4 map draw for Arma 3, I went ahead and wrote one myself. This works very similar to mk4's addon, but uses CTRL for drawing (ALT is used for teleporting in the editor). Make sure to read the PDF that comes with it for extra info.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
New version attached. New features include: Deleting lines, and broadcasting cursor position.

EDIT2:
For real this time

EDIT3:
Yet another new version which fixes the error message in 1.40

~~ Alwarren
YAY! Downloading!
Does the lines visibility dependent on the current channel (side/group etc.) or visible to all players connected to the server?
Excellent, soooo- i assume add this to every mission from now on?
Or everyone runs it as an addon?

Edit:- lol its the 2nd one  Smile
(11-09-2013, 10:16 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]YAY! Downloading!
Does the lines visibility dependent on the current channel (side/group etc.) or visible to all players connected to the server?

All players,, I don't know whether it is possible at all to create makers only for the current channel. It might be possible by using the multiplayer framework and createMarkerLocal ... I suppose that would be a nice thing to have, I'll see if it can be done.
(11-09-2013, 10:31 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent, soooo- i assume add this to every mission from now on?
Or everyone runs it as an addon?

Edit:- lol its the 2nd one  Smile

Yeah, it's a client-side addon. If you don't have it, you will still be able to see the lines drawn with i, but not be able to do it yourself.
Zeus wants to add this to their mandatory client side addon pack. Hund tells me there's a problem with the signing of the server key or signature. Can you check?
(03-04-2014, 04:08 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Zeus wants to add this to their mandatory client side addon pack. Hund tells me there's a problem with the signing of the server key or signature. Can you check?

Will check it.
Suggestions: make the default colour red, and the width two levels bigger. Also change  the keys to up and down arrows changing colours.
(04-19-2014, 07:16 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions: make the default colour red, and the width two levels bigger. Also change  the keys to up and down arrows changing colours.

Done. First post updated with a new version. The key/signature should also work.
It's perfect now! Thanks.
(04-19-2014, 10:27 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Done. First post updated with a new version. The key/signature should also work.

Great, thanks Smile

Will you be updating the version on Six with this or should I just upload it to our server and have our PwS profiles retrieve it from there?
Alwarren can you pls re-upload 1.1 version here and update to 1.1 on your site Wink
(06-21-2014, 12:52 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]Alwarren can you pls re-upload 1.1 version here and update to 1.1 on your site Wink

Done, updated on first post
Thanks Smile
Hey all,

I just updated the first post with a new version (1.2) of FHQ MapDraw. New features in this release:
  • Deleting of lines. Hover the mouse over a line and press the delete key to delete a line. There is a 10% border around the line segments to facilitate better hit rates Smile
  • Mouse cursor broadcast. Hold down the right shift key and move your mouse. This will show the cursor position as a triangle marker on all clients. Good for pointing out terrain features, directions, or other things.

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3