Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ Map Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Excellent! I've always thought it would be good to have a live 'pointer' when briefing.

(07-13-2014, 01:40 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I just updated the first post with a new version (1.2) of FHQ MapDraw. New features in this release:
  • Deleting of lines. Hover the mouse over a line and press the delete key to delete a line. There is a 10% border around the line segments to facilitate better hit rates Smile
  • Mouse cursor broadcast. Hold down the right shift key and move your mouse. This will show the cursor position as a triangle marker on all clients. Good for pointing out terrain features, directions, or other things.

Enjoy!
Absolutely devilish! Looking forward to trying it tonight!
I'll have to give credit to Vara on for the mouse pointer idea... :-)
(07-13-2014, 10:23 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to give credit to Vara on for the mouse pointer idea... :-)

Actually, blame dyslexci. I saw a video where he briefs his guys, and even though they can't see it, he's waving his mouse cursor around along the path they wish to take, so I thought it would be nice to be actually able to see that
(07-13-2014, 10:37 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, blame dyslexci. I saw a video where he briefs his guys, and even though they can't see it, he's waving his mouse cursor around along the path they wish to take, so I thought it would be nice to be actually able to see that

You thought right Wink I actually thought it would be something that BIS would have to code into the engine, so I'm amazed that it's been done in a mod  8)
(07-13-2014, 10:53 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]You thought right Wink I actually thought it would be something that BIS would have to code into the engine, so I'm amazed that it's been done in a mod  8)
I'm going to show it to Karel Moricky
(07-13-2014, 10:53 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]You thought right Wink I actually thought it would be something that BIS would have to code into the engine, so I'm amazed that it's been done in a mod  8)
It's just a marker being moved. Nothing spectacular, but looks like a laser pointer on the map :-)
New version is on, first post updated.

Deleting lines should now work.
(10-20-2014, 06:38 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]New version is on, first post updated.

Deleting lines should now work.

Excellent, that will help us keep our maps tidy Smile

I'll update the PwS profile.
Thanks!
Great! Can't wait to be able delete my lines =)
Map Draw seems to have been broken by the lates update (1.40)  :-\
(03-05-2015, 03:27 PM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]Map Draw seems to have been broken by the lates update (1.40)  :-\

WTF?
*sigh* I'll check it, thanks for the heads-up.
New version attached to post #1. Now works again with Arma 3 V1.40.

Bonus movie: This just hit devbranch:
(03-16-2015, 11:03 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]New version attached to post #1. Now works again with Arma 3 V1.40.

Bonus movie: This just hit devbranch:

Thanks for the update Alwarren!.

Interesting to see the reticule, thanks for heads up.
Pages: 1 2 3