Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Island Clean-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm attempting to sort out my list of addons that I keep around my hard drive for Arma 2 again and I'm wondering what's worth keeping and what not. I have cleaned it up before as well, getting rid of the plain terrain islands in the process. So here's what I'm thinking of keeping and the rest I'm undecided since I've sorted through some before, but I doubt I'd use them all, get to them all, or find them worth keeping. I'm not going to mention the required islands by CiA since that's a given as keeping.

KEEPING:
- Quesh Kibrul (looks like I really nice island to me)
- Miroslav
- Cicada
- Ovaron

NOT SURE BUT MAYBE KEEP:
- Bear Rocks (small island, but nice uphill for ambush)
- Vostok (can't have too much winter maps <forest and winter version>)
- Fallujah (I know some of you guys don't like it, flat and all, but one of my friend likes it <one of the guy I started playing Arma with {no I don't know him in real life}> but my reason for keeping, I may have a few missions I collected for it, probably just the default ones that came with it)

NOT SURE:
- Militini (A greek island by Aplion)
- Tasmania
- Brik2 (small island, very little towns, flat, with a few lakes here and there and some forest. I probably may considering tossing but I have 3 ace missions on my collection for it. Nice for tank battles, but aren't there other flat terrains out there already with more to offer?)
- Spritz Island
- MCAGCC 29 Palms
- Fayshkabur

Maybe Toss:
- Mana Island NZ
- Sbrodj (flat, same case as Brik, but I got no missions around for this)
- Yapal (like a desert 2.0 with an industrial zone in the middle, wouldn't Quesh Kibrul be enough for the industrial zone?)

Gonna take a look at the rest later.... going to bed...

Japahto
Belsebub (maybe remove, flat terrain, satanic reference everywhere)
Huertgenwald
Nome winter
Kellu
Mana Island, Fiji
Nocosia
Jade Groove
Panthera
Tropica
Taviana (love this one)
Kulima
Clafghan
MBG Vietnam
Capraia
Tigeria
Sangin
Torabora
Qom Province
Emita City
Cindercity
Celle 2
(10-12-2013, 11:00 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]- Quesh Kibrul (looks like I really nice island to me)

Last time I tried it it had some serious AI road issues.

Quote:Celle 2

I like Celle 2, it's flat but it's a typical northern Germany landscape.
I wanted to do a mission pack for Panthera several times, it's a nice island, though typical IceBreakr (lots of places, little detail).

Clafghan has some huge mountains and was slightly performance heavy for me. Also not a lot you can do on there besides your generic Afghanistan style missions, Tora Bora is the same, desert hills and some settlements.

I liked Vostok, but again few settlements/areas of interest and the winter version trees are shit, they look to be the same as the ones on CWR2 Winter Kolgujev. Thirsk winter has good winter trees.
So I guess Vostok isn't worth keeping as well. I have 1 mission I collected on Clafghan. I agree with you on Tora bora but I have a whole mission pack I collected for Tora Bora. I think the Tora Bora coop campaign thing ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14914 ) , ok I haven't downloaded yet but I have one of Wolle's mission for it but that's a 9 mission coop campaign on Tora Bora with group respawn. (ACE can be enable/disable via parameters).
Alright, I'm only going to remove 8, I decided to keep the rest. I can't help it Tongue sometimes when I have time, I feel like collecting them unless they look that bad.