Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: TPWCAS Arma 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Ollem only made a script version of TPWCAS for Arma 3, I decided to turn it into an addon version since I believe suppression is essential. All I did was threw the script content into a pbo to make an addon though I edited the ammo to exclude from suppression before I did that. The ammo I excluded are only SMG and Pistol ammo (including a few custom smgs and pistols as well). Since it says the script version works for dedicated server, I assume this should work for dedicated as well. I just did a quick test with debug on and fire over the AI head to see their yellow circle turn to red circles (basically during debug mode, yellow is unsuppressed and red should be suppressed). I hope this works so want to give it a shot?
That's great, ill put it on the server. However, i doubt a simple conversion to pbo will work, otherwise I suppose Ollem would have done it himself.
I see. I was checking the files from the 5.0 addon for arma 2 and they seem to have the same files as the script. The difference was that the addon got a few more files like the init and userconfig so I copied that over. I think it should hopefully work overall if arma 3 doesnt remove vital commands which I think it doesn't for tpwcas. If I recall correctly, TPW doesn't make MP versions or dedicated server version but it was ollem who converted it to dedicated server compactibility. Tell me if it works or not.
(10-05-2013, 02:43 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]That's great, ill put it on the server. However, i doubt a simple conversion to pbo will work, otherwise I suppose Ollem would have done it himself.

Since the addon needs to be initialized, it will not simply work. However, what might work is adding an XEH init handler via CBA that runs the same script as what you would do in the script version.

edit: Nevermind, already does that: However, you need to make sure that the script paths are right, haven't checked that.

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers {
    class tpwcas_init {
init = "if (isNil 'tpwcas_init') then { tpwcas_init = true;[] execVM '\tpwcas\init.sqf'};";
    };
};
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2526979

Looks like another person is tinkering with TPWCAS as well, I don't got too much time to check since I did it on whatever spare time I got.
By not work, would the suppression and the red circle above head to debug not work as well? I tested it on debug mode and see the red/yellow circles over their head when I suppress them. Does the server have it yet? I just did some quick testing just now and shot some MG rounds over enemy head but they didn't react.
You might as well forget about this and check this out. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2533235 Ollem back to his tricks and working on an addon for suppression for Arma 3 while changing some outdated codes.
(10-14-2013, 10:35 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Ollem back to his tricks and working on an addon for suppression for Arma 3 while changing some outdated codes.
Oh sweet lord, now everything will be alright...
Ollem has now released a version, Suggest we get it on the server to test Smile

(10-18-2013, 11:31 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Ollem has now released a version, Suggest we get it on the server to test Smile
Installed! Tested in debug mod and works like a charm. Let's suppress the hell out of them!
(10-19-2013, 12:53 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Installed! Tested in debug mod and works like a charm. Let's suppress the hell out of them!

Thats great to hear!!  8)
Yay, I love suppression.