Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Winter's Ground

I think one or more team mates shot the friendly ai which happened to be in the direction of Russian forces which led them to firing back and constantly killing our players. I saw that and killed some of AI shooting back (heat of the moment too) otherwise it would've been constant revive, get shot by friendly ai, repeat. After coming back from the beach after first objective, one lone US marine decided to shoot and kill me from 2 meters because it's how ARMA 3 ai works. Sad times.
Next time as soon as you suspect AI-friendly-fire issues, let the server admin know.

Code:
{_x addRating 10000} forEach playableUnits;

to console, if it is enabled,  may save the situation. Better option, again, is to watch blue-on-blue. In this case the AI teas was not supposed to be there. I removed it by hand but damage (sic) was already done.
I hope to see a debriefing about our naked skydive and how most of us plummeted to our death.

Stag, been giving that grenade incident a bit of thought (firstly, sorry about that, and hope it didn't hurt too much).

At the point of throwing the grenade, you gave orders to throw as many around that corner before anyone tries to revive you... however, the distance between us and the group of enemy was closer then we had thought....

What I should have done, is drag you back into safety while calling other team members to meet on us then all throw our grenades over. 

If I was quick, we may have survived that attack, but it was seconds after, that the enemy started to poke their heads around and fire shots at me.
Treendy, your avatar picture isn't, by chance, from Millenium 2.2 or Deuteros?
Deuteros  : )    LOVED this game so much in my younger years
(02-19-2016, 05:17 PM)treendy link Wrote:Deuteros  : )    LOVED this game so much in my younger years

Hah! I knew it. Yeah I loved it too, great game Smile
You have to be the first person I have spoken to who has heard of the game!.  I remember getting strangely excited when I first took over an enemy station and having access to their equipment.

I never did manage to fly out to other solar systems.
Lost Squad

Bread-n-butter and some boarding issues, but nice fun moonlight stuff.

Battle of Krasnostav

A very good mission by Etzu and most refreshing change to usual spec-ops stuff. What Arma simulates best is conventional armed forces, mechanized infantry. This had a very nice feeling of a reinforced platoon defending town. Defense missions are difficult, and for example I cannot do them very well. This had good balance of power and variety of action. Nice change to usual human wave attacks. 

I was overall commander and we had four tanks, Big Boys 1-4, two Bradley Air Defense variants, Two infantry fireteams manning roadblocks in east and west, and two dedicated recce teams. Mission layout and setup was good and smart, and units were already in their place. We just had to drop in and see what they throw at us. My plan to tour all outposts and see them in person was thwarted as action started quite quickly. Leaders job is to lead and it cannot be done when dead. I had to concern to keep myself alive more than personally killing stuff.

For me this mission was 90% about communication. My weapon was supposed to be radio and yours was to do the killing.  Nice plan until due certain issues I also had to use my M4, take a shot at BMP-2 with M136 from my command Humvee, engage in CQB against enemy crewmembers, dodge bullets in my command post aka church and cycle between hotspots either on foot or Humwee. After first air attack I was paranoid about being in vehicle and plenty of jogging. Overall ...holistic experience for a commander.  8)

As lot of teams were in same channel, this started as a comms nightmare and I had to few times switch to non-occupied channel to remain sanity and talk to LR. Without comms discipline mission like this would be outright nightmare and simply impossible to complete. Comms were in general quite good, responses to my questions rapid. This enabled me to maintain some kind of overall situational picture and thus, lead. Thanks to everyone responsible.

I had very good reports from all outposts and very good initiative, especially Valhalian who helped by calling in firemissions and probably saved western roadblock from being overran. 

Plenty of various actions at both roadblocks, incoming enemy gunships, and one Su-25. I used my tanks as a mobile reserve until Big Boys 1-2 were knocked out by action near south. We also lost one infantry team, roadblock West. This was 50% losses in infantry and tanks, and I didn't have any extra reserve. I sacrificed my Bradley AD variant to infantry support duty in the end as airspace seemed clear but I doubt we would have survived any more determined armored assaults. After that it was just matter of dealing with stragglers and ton of crew members from destroyed vehicles. Playing hide and seek with them was a nice stress test.

All teams did great and your commander was very pleased. I hope none of the teams was totally bored. This was probably most boring for recce teams 1-2 (Unnamed/Valhalian) but information you provided was mission critical. You might not have fired a shot, but you contributed a lot to the mission. 

About reports:

Details people. Report enemy composition as accurately as you can. No, you don't need to tell colour of eyes and favourite rap artist, but report number of contacts as well as you can, or at least give estimate. If dealing with a vehicle, try to identify vehicle type, if you can. Search for Alwarrens vehicle identification guide in our Arma Game forum. For example 'armor' says something, but it can mean a lot. IFV? Tank? In this mission I had limited number of 'mobile reserves' to shuffle between hotspots and I had to calculate risk/need/where to send them. Knowing exact threat level helps commander.  Reports were in general at least 'okay' and they got better as mission progressed.

Great mission, and again, nice to play conventional armed forces in combined arms mission. It would be fun to read how the action looked like at the roadblocks or other teams perspectives. I saw only part of the action personally due multiple hotspots around the map.

Zavarak Data Heist

This turned out to be a fun mission after a bit of a initial shock. I comment later on technical details but this was effectively two missions in one package. However it also offered nice firefights, nice mood, and very smooth infantry action. It was clear that author, Treendy, had put lot of effort to this mission. I was Alphas machine gunner under Varanons command. Co-operation in team was just awesome. Great gunfights at village which ultimately cost my life. Fun!

Free Press

I did not get to shoot shitload of people (inside pun) but I was killed during insertion, and then swiftly at the roof after group respawn and watched mission half asleep from sky. Looked like certified Etzu mission with compact nice, well thought, setup. I wouldnt mind replaying this at all!

Prince of Persia VII

A good initial setup by Misha, but one mishap cost us detection, and escape of our target, and failed the mission. I likely do a bit of polish to this and release new version sometime.
Battle of Krasnotav

I was in recon tower one with Hellhammer,  we didn't see too much unfortunately,  so Hellhammer asked whether he should set up closer to the street in the tree line.  I am reluctant to split up a two man team but asked and was granted permission to split up,  so Hellhammer set up closer to the street.  In hindsight that is probably something we should have done sooner as we missed all but one vehicle on the small patch of road that was visible for us while searching for more patches.  A UAV would have helped probably,  and I could have gotten the hint that we might have to redeploy earlier as they was a HMMV hat the Base of the tower.
If anyone does a debriefing on Negades Virus, I would be very interested to also hear how it went for the attack chopper and tank team.  My time was mostly spent fighting my radio setup, managed to assist in planting the virus then was gunned down by a T100 sitting right next to me
(02-26-2016, 12:37 PM)treendy link Wrote:If anyone does a debriefing on Negades Virus, I would be very interested to also hear how it went for the attack chopper and tank team.  My time was mostly spent fighting my radio setup, managed to assist in planting the virus then was gunned down by a T100 sitting right next to me

Tank Team Commander Here,

For the tank itself went well. We got gunned by the T100 at the end because we decided to come back for you and Alpha remnents. We would've survived if we RTB. Unfortunately plan of bravo was to go forward with infantry and us follow behind but there was an iffrit out of our view which I guess slaughtered both teams minus Alias and MJ. We managed to fight to the hill destroying and got the data blocked and virus updated though only Unamed and I stood.

*my assumption for CAS* Not to bash Evan's leading or anything like that, he did a good job, I think the attack helicopter possibly had a boring time since I think Commander died before they were issued actual seek and destroy orders (other than spotting at the beginning) and thus I assume they waited around a long time.
Resistance of Katita

I've spent the whole mission sitting behind a wall, shooting at people coming over the hill. Suddenly, two Hummvees came in and the perimeter was breached, and the mission ended.

Phantom, you might want to not have the breach effective immediately, since the Hummvees just blaze in and we have nothing to stop them.

Negades Virus

I was part of the diver team. We drove to the coast, where I noticed that I had no underwater gun, then we drove out to the wreckage and found the key. Back at the shore, we took the helicopter and joined the main assault force, where our team was immediately shot by an Ifirt parked right around the corner. So in essence, I was killed before even firing a single shot.

Autumn Star

The highlight of the evening, for sure. After setting up our defenses, We awaited the onslaught. Bravo reported enemy armor on the move, taking out some of them. One T-72 slipped through and drove right into our base. Luckily, there was a SMAW in one of the crates, which I took, and Variable and me too turns shooting at the tank. We both hit, which was enough to kill it. Tense moment, for sure.

The rest of the mission was clearing the suspected positions of the informant, which, sadly, we only found charred remains of, but with good teamwork and communication, we mopped up the rest and cleared the whole area of enemies.

Prince of Persia VII

It's a tough mission. I was in command of Alpha, meeting and disposing of the contact, then moving on to dispose of that pesky janitor. Never trust a janitor!

After we got the confirmation that the perimeter was clear, Alpha moved in, encountering sporadic enemy contact. Unfortunately, Manuel and me got killed, and the targets escaped.
(02-26-2016, 01:27 PM)Den link Wrote:*my assumption for CAS* Not to bash Evan's leading or anything like that, he did a good job, I think the attack helicopter possibly had a boring time since I think Commander died before they were issued actual seek and destroy orders (other than spotting at the beginning) and thus I assume they waited around a long time.

Every single iffrit in the area, or even some mofu with a machine gun, could have taken down the AH-9, so holding it back was Evans' best option. There was little the Pawnee could have done.

Resistance of Katita

The mission ended too quickly. I would give one guy a few mines to put up in the north to at least somewhat delay the victors incoming from there.

Other than that, I feel like letting the enemy get a bit closer would have made things easier, we wasted a lot of ammo at 400 meter shots with iron sights.

Negades Virus

The long drive from the base to the target drew out the length of the mission, more so since there wasn't really anything happening. I liked the part in the town, but we had to sit for quite a while since the comms tower needed to be "liberated" first. Since it is basically the same mission as the Zavarak Data Heist, I think the approach we took there was a bit more interesting for everyone - joint attach on the comms tower, then attack the site of the laptop and finally sent two men back to the comms tower to disable it.

As it was now we had to sit there for a while which allowed the enemies to flank around us and get to us from all sides.

Autumn Star Ep. 2

I was the HAT in Bravo team. Bravo went north to mine and charge the road. The first BMP ran onto the mines. When the second one tried to bypass it, I sent one Javelin into its rear end, killing it instantly. There was another T-72 waiting down the road, and with a bit of spotting from the Sarge (aka Stag) he found an angle from which it could be attacked. I fired my second Javelin at it, and it went down in a fireball. No idea were the second T-72 came from - it did not pass us because at this point the road was the only way it could bypass us.

After a successfully repelled attack, Bravo showed those Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (aka USMC) what recon means Smile Bravo snug up on Orlovets and spotted the informants blue Ural, but no sign of any civilians. I had a hard time since I didn't have any optics nor Binocs, so I was left to guess work. The same happened when we were overwatching the factory, I could hardly see anything, but I still scored a few hits with appropriate volume of fire from the Hummer's Ma Deuce.

The approach of Polana proved to be quite dramatic. There were at least two Alpha Victors, and once we got closer, we also spotted a Shilka. I had grabbed the SMAW at the FOB earlier, and I had two shots for it. I fired and hit the Shilka, but didn't want to take chances so I fired the second rocket as well. Shilka destroyed, mission won.

What do we learn from that? If you want a job done, call the Army ^^

Prince of Persia VII

After sorting out the usual trouble with the backpack radio after disembarking from a vehicle, we went to the outpost and dispatched the two guards and the tech. There was hardly any resistance at the SIGINT outpost, but we never really got to blow the charges since the target had gotten away.

It's a hard mission, but I like it Smile
(02-26-2016, 02:47 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Every single iffrit in the area, or even some mofu with a machine gun, could have taken down the AH-9, so holding it back was Evans' best option. There was little the Pawnee could have done.

Sorry for miscommunication. Meant it in the sense that even after Evans died, he was idling a while after since I didn't think of contacting CAS. Not the tactic at beginning.
(02-26-2016, 02:47 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:What do we learn from that? If you want a job done, call the Army ^^

Every time we win as the US, only thing that comes to mind is  8)

[Image: 67243-america-fuck-yeah-gif-ApIE.gif]