Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-08-2016, 09:43 AM)Evans link Wrote:FAQ mission (can't remember the name, sorry)

You also can't seem to remember that is it FHQ Tongue

Alright, here's my mustard (as we say in Germany)

Lost Squad

I can't seem to use Night Vision in that Hellcat. It flares out in such a way that I cannot see anything outside, the sky turns a muddy white and the ground a foggy soup. I most of the time switched off NVG's so I could see were the tracers were coming from.

Crash Site Red

What absolutely brutally murdered this mission for me was the merging of the teams. This is IMO a big no-no. For one thing, it made the mission boring for most people because they had to spent more time sitting around. Secondly, it results in a clusterfuck of radio chatter and people running left and right. I had multiple near team kills because someone was ALWAYS running in front of my line of fire.

This happened in other missions as well (not yesterday, but I remember one instance of playing "Approaching Kavala" which suffered from the same problem). The division into fire teams has a reason. Viper Black was fully operational, there was absolutely no reason to merge it into one team. As it were, we approached the crash site all from the same direction and got slaughtered on top of the hill.

Hello Tanoa

I'll write some more in the appropriate thread of the mission. What I noticed here was that sometimes people seem to have difficulties realizing what role they took. I heard Varanon ask multiple times for machinegunners without getting a response. Please concentrate on the mission, folks.
(01-08-2016, 09:43 AM)Evans link Wrote:FAQ mission (can't remember the name, sorry)

If you have problems remembering the names of missions (I know I have), then look here:

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/20493

It always lists what we played
Hello Tanoa

I'm honestly not sure how to describe this bizarre cavalcade.

This had to be one of most bipolar mission experiences I have had for some time. I've just checked the crisis therapy session. Someone speaking with german accent was right behind me in waiting line.

Part I.  Comedy of terrors.

I have to say I liked the milieu and scene. Chernarus summer is good map and mist at start was atmospheric. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of mercenary stuff/missions of this style but author had put lots of effort to mission in general, to (a bit chaotic) briefing, tasks, cool intros, etc. We also had regular comm's / etc issues at start, so it created certain mood for the mission. It would get much worse. Basically we had to steal a helicopter from one airfield, use it to steal a long range plane from a different airfield, and  get out to Tanoa.

I was a medic, 'field medic'. I now know that FIELD medic is a different kind of a medic that has 3 betamags, rangefinder, and only few medikits. Loadout should have been first indication of what's coming.

Second suprise was that there was no radios. I can see author attempted to create a different mood for mission but it led to issues.  I was just a lowlife (field!) medic ( I turned to Dolph Lungren of Expendables only at 2nd half of mission) but what I heard from local shouting.. I cant print some of those words here. It must have been a comms nightmare for the Varanon (A-actual).  I was honestly more concerned of the leaders's blood pressure/sanity rather then wounds.

Putting it shortly, action near first airfield led to Alpha flanking airfield from east near railway track. We got to some firefights at outskirts of airfield, and mission moment was downing Huey (hey, it looked like Cobra at a distance) with small arms fire! There was plenty of ambient firefight, including a Cobra (this time real one) engaging targets on ground. US forces had clashed with insurgents. Delicious chaos, which didn't feel so much fun at a time.

Then my team flanked east-north, and during that transit some of my team got machinegunned down in the forest. Varanon was cut down in the hangar. For some reason I couldn't pick Varnons radio and I had no idea wtf is going on, who is alive, and wtf got us. I knew it was HMG of a sorts. I had to hide behind a crate, and when I put up some smokes and make a dash, it was my turn. I was wounded, and heard Den/Unnamed in local, somewhere close. I crawled at them and they got me up. Now it was Den, Manuel, Unnamed, Kah and me.  Part I of the mission ended here.

Part II - Expendables IV

Now we had to get rid of the tank. Den score several (something between 6-9) hits with M136, possibly a SMAW, Javelin, pop gun and thrown rock and the thing didn't even flinch. Ok, Abrams tank is a tough beast, I understand lighter launchers being shrugged off but I'm pretty sure we threw anything at it we found from the crates. I observed it with rangefinder, I saw it had some damage decals, but it clearly was -not- destroyed. I also didn't see crew bodies outside. Bombarding it was surreal, but the thing just didn't flinch. I'm pretty sure crew was dead/or stuck in some FSM-loop as it did nothing to us shooting at it with multiple rockets. This incident might have led to potentially dangerous decision later on.

Unnamed in controls we set a course to northern airfield with a Seahawk. Less comrades alive = less money to split after our reward is complete. No, I really didn't think that way, but I was tired, annoyed at already marathon mission and I decided to get into mercenary mood to survive the end. We had already gotten this far, no point to give up now.

Our LZ was a bit to the east, and we started moving to norther end of airfield. We had several skirmishes with infantry on the way. I would be interested to see how many kills Den and  Unnamed scored. We got to several firefights on the way, and when we had reached northeast corner of airfield, we were in for another 'surprise'.

More tanks. More vehicles. More..walking. C-130, our way out was there...but we couldn't take off until at least some of the opposition would be eliminated, especially the AAA.

We located cache of launchers in NW part of airfield, and Den started leading us there, flanking from north. At same time insurgents had decided to attack the airfield, so there was tracers of every color. Moody. The transit in open was one of most nerve cracking experiences with several skirmishes and I can't believe we made it to NW hangars. The feeling 'we've got already this far...come on..not NOW' got stronger and stronger.

Honestly, what kept us going was probably developing various violent fantasies of what to do to mission makers contractors who sends us to missions like this. I also speculated who are cast to play our parts when they make this a comedy action movie. Varanon=Arnold, but my further speculations were stopped as I saw infantry in forest behind to our left. Few mg bursts cuts them down. I didn't know who it was? Rebel scum? Imperials? Doesn't matter. Several firefights had erupted at airfield and insurgents probably saved our skins by distracting the US forces.  Problem was, they didn't like us either.

We got positions at back of a hangar. We had taken launchers from southern airbase, and before we could take off we just had to eliminate the tank. However we also had infantry contacts behind our backs and we had to constantly return to  infantry fire.

Sometime at this point we lost Den who told us to keep still as he was attempting to take a shot to the tank.

I never like losing comrade in field but this was more than usual.

Den had gotten us this far, and now the man is gone. It isn't fair! However we still had to worry about the M1 tank. We spotted it at 300m and most of us had M136's. Unnamed and I scored a hit at 300m, which is pretty much max range of light disposable launchers, but it wasn't enough to destroy it.

At this time I was seriously concerned if we have another indestructable tank on our hands. It would have made the mission impossible to complete. Question was, what next?

Unnamed: I have news. The tank is there, and its turret is pointing straight at us.
Stag: And the good news?
Unnamed: There are no good news. 

Roger that. Out of launchers, soon out of ammo, and we've got a tank in one end, pissed off infantry of unknown numbers in one end, and our exit plane somewhere between. Again, the feeling 'shit, we've gotten this far.. it isnt fair!!'

I had spotted another cache in opposite side of airfield, next to C-130, but these were in hangar, in cover. The other launcher crate, the ones we were hoping to use, were in too open location, and tank was aiming at us. I also had no idea none so ever how much opposition is left, and as we had taken constant infantry fire, there weren't many options. I briefly considered making a dash to the plane and taking off and just taking our chances.

Ok. Four of us have to get back to where we came from. More nerve wrecking transits in open. When we were somewhat 150m away from our objective, someone opens fire at close. I had absolutely no idea where it came from, but the crack shots of my team takes them down. Another dash to forest, and we hit the dirt to catch stamina. Only time ever I've been glad that Chernarus has tall grass.

I scan behind us. A full squad just comes to view from a gap in the wall. I report contact, and we cut them down in a lightshow of tracers. Unnamed reports last can of ammo. We stack up behind hangar.

Democracy in action. I ask my team whether we take our chances and just make a mad dash to plane and try to take off, or risk using launchers on potentially indestructable tank and getting us killed. Team says fight. Smart. We smoke entrance, and make dash to hangars. No cover, but the crates. Four big ugly men stack up behind a poor crate. I grab Javelin, Unnamed and others grabs SMAWs. I shoot first, and as soon missile my leaves tube, others will fire a salvo.

I get a tone.

Missile away! I see a hit, and almost immediately SMAWs splash at the target. Smoke..and FLAMES! Tank is destroyed...but we're now taking hit from right! Close! Not fair! We take 'em down, and Unnamed makes a dash to the plane. Others follow. I drop my launcher, MG and only grab a pistol. I feel small arms fire whistling by me as I make the dash. Shit. I can't enter from this side! I have to go around! I hear small arms projectiles hitting the fuselage. Hands reaches out and pulls me to plane. 

Unnamed (guy with a cool black beret) starts to taxi, but we aren't out of there yet. Manuel notices task of eliminating AAA isn't ticked. Yeah. To get this far and to be shot down like a turkey...but..no choice.

Unnamed hits the throttle. Slowly. Way too slowly old junk C-130 gets revolutions and gains speed.

V1-rotate!

We're airborne. Unnamed announces flaps up and asks a bearing to exfil. Almost there. I declare that if there is some sadistic surprise at exfil I will gather hit squad to eliminate the mission author. Several people says they are with me.

Unnamed reports of tracers/ AAA fire. 

I knew it.

Then mission ends.

A success.

A very..thorough spectrum of various sensations during this mission..but feeling when we made it..'yeehaas' from the others in lobby.. this time, very very genuine.

That's why I play Arma with CiA.
OMG, Stag, i'll pay for one therapy session.
Delightful writings. Thank you!? Smile I have mixed feelings myself about your writing Big Grin

As I told Varanon i intend to split the mission in two, i only planned 2 missions as prologue for next campaing, but now it seems will be more cuz what i had in mind is not going to work.
Don't worry, we aren't really assembling a hit squad so please, please do make missions in future : ) I was trying to describe the feelings I had on the ground during the mission.

Great stuff Alias, and look forward to next episode! 
Wrote this on my smartphone which is not that smart with its autocorrtection so there might some weird errors in here.

Hellooo Tanoha

Hello, my name is Unnamed,  I think I am well beyond therapy but someone suggested I still should give it a shot.

I started with Bravo under allwarrens command and together with Alfa squad we moved to attack the first airfield vom the road to its south.  Shortly after we set out from the beach a medical HMMV passed us on the road but apparently didn't notice us in the tall grass. We kept moving along the railway following Alfa.  Soon there was some shooting to be heard.  Close but it didn't seem to be directed at us. We kept moving a little and soon had partial view of the avenger AA we had to take out.  A hair over 300m too much for the m136 our squad had. 
So allwarren and varanon decided to leave it for Charlie with their heavy weapons. And got closer to the airfield keeping out of sight from the avenger. While we were moving a Hell at took off inducing a feeling of doom.  But Alfas Maschine gunner was able to quickly kill the pilots and the chopper went down between us and the avenger. When we got to the lowered end of the airfield Alfa was already engaged and had wounded so Manuel went to work and started patching up Alfa wounded while the rest of us kept all around watch.

When everyone was up it was decided that we better take out the avenger before we moved on as it might otherwise have blown us to pieces with its guns. A m136 landed just a bit short and we started firing our guns at the thing.  It started moving away even though we hit it with two machine guns.  When it stopped after a few moments it was hit by quite a few 40mm still apparently surviving so we went to investigate.  Crew was dead  but the avenger was still intact.  Alfa took care of that with an explosive charge and all of us went back to the airfield. 
We were ordered to clear a small complex of three hangars which we had just done when we came under fire by some enemy's coming in from the woods..  Dam rebels had a bad timing.  In the process we lost allwarren and variable took lead of Bravo. We then moved on towards the main hangars following Alfa. When we were crossing a section of open field we passed a mashinegunner lying in the grass that was almost impossible to see and engaged us at close distance.
We managed to get past him and when I made it to the forest ahead Manuel patched me up. In that for rest we found Alfa and found out that some kind of HMG or autocannon was pinning us down in that Forrest. While trying to spot it and engage we lost variable to it and I took command of Bravo leaving Manuel Kah and me. The gunner was soon after reported dead and we moved on. At the hangars perimeter walls we got the bad news. 
There was a m1a2 on the runway and all squads had already run out of AT.  Unfortunately the crates we passed were sealed in a way we couldn't access them which left us with trying to scavenge AT.  Alfa tried to get to a LAV in a hangar and was killed in the process and checking all the vehicles that were not in the current field of view of the tank didn't turn up anything. We were quite fucked and knew it.  Then Den called on the radio and told me he wanted us to get the LAV and drive it out to distract and possibly lure away the tank.

I decided to go alone and left the long range radio with Manuel and Kah and ran into the hangar while the tank was trying to spot Charlie.  I got in and quickly drove out of the hangar and to the street.. I got out and listened for the tank......  Nothing.  Den contacted me and told me he wanted me to come back and engage the tank to get it to turn on me....  Why not tell me to fuck a landmine instead (just kidding). 
I drove the tank up to the airfield again,  switched to the gunner seat and started firing the bushmaster at the tank switching to armor piercing when I noticed the big explosions of the HE rounds.  I started firing at the turret trying to disable the Canon and when it started to drive went for the chains.  No effect.  While I peppering the now stationary tank with all that was left charge and bravo hit the tank with quite a load of rockets.  After I ran out of 25mm I drove in front of the tank and decided that not being shot by it was a good sign. 
I got out of the LAV and rejoined with the rest of the survivors.  We rearmed from the crates they had found and I traded my vintorez for a m240 and Den provided me with a TWS sight.  We stole a chopper and were off to the NE airfield.  We landed half a kilometer away from it and immediately had contacts.  Just a small patrol. We went on towards the AF and had some more contacts to our rear soon. 
At the walls the real fighting begun,  but we managed to overcome quite a lot of enemy's and soon were behind one of the hangars.  C130 spotted.. And another of those damned tanks.  We spotted some crates on the other side of the AF and looped around the north side of the airfield under Dan's command.  On the way along the northern perimeter wall we had to fight back to several squads engaging uns from seemingly all directions.  But we managed to get to the hangars. 
There Den found the next bad surprise waiting for us.  Yes there were crates here.  But they were also standing in to open.
After some time of shooting hostiles firing at us from everywhere Den decided to make a run for the crates and made it.  He picked up a javelin and fired.  It hit.  But the unphased tank made short process with him.
There goes another leader. 
We watched the situation for some time and when the tank was not looking at us we decided to give it a volley of our m136.  We ranged the tank at 300m and fired 3 rockets at it all hitting.  Back around the corner I took a look.  The tank was still there and it was pointing it's gun directly at us. 
Yeay. 
We spend some more time shooting enemy's all around.  I took another look at the tank  and noticed it's gun wasn't pointed directly at the corner anymore and made a dash for the two trucks parked more or less between us and the crates.  The tank fired after me  but missed.  I looped around the first truck and the others told me that the tank was moving....  Towards West.  Away from me. 
I went for the crated and took the javelin from Dan's body and loaded the last rocket. The tank was no where to be seen so I rejoinder the others and tried to establish contact again.  I saw it,  took the javelin...  But the tank was already moving away behind trees again.  Back to the runway side of the hanngar and sure enough the tank showed up on the runway.  I took the shot.  Went back to cover.  Took a look.  No effect...  There had been an impact  but it had only pissed of the tank.
Stag spotted some more crates....  Inside the hangar behind which we had arrived. 
We looped back north's under his commands ditching everything we didn't absolutely  need so we could dash over open ground. We made it into the forrest on the other side of the runway only to be engaged at under 30 meter.  Luckily we were able to get them before they started hitting uns and soon dashed on to break contact with possible survivors. 
When we were resting stag spotted a squad to our rear.  We took aim and opened fire.  Should have checked my ammo.  After 7 shots I had an empty chamber.  New can...  Last can,  shit. 
Reloaded and finished of the last enemy's I could see.  We dashed on to the rear of the hangar.  Time for Democracy.  Stag asked if we wanted to go for the plane or kill the tank.  We wanted to kill that sucker.
We smoked the front of the hangar and took cover behind the crates while rearing.  Stag took a small and the rest of us took smaws...  And ammo...  Never can have enough oft that.  We ranged the tank.  300m.  Stag fired first.  After giving his rocked a moment we fired our smaws and had three impacts in short succession. And we're rewarded with secondarys and a nice bonfire.
Stag told me to get the plane. I dashed for the C130 with the reloaded saw still in my hands and as soon as I had cleared the hangar doors came under small arms fire.  I fired the sSMAW in the rough direction and dashed on for the cockpit door. 
The others boarded and I started taxiing to the runway.  We all hoped the rebels that clearly also were attacking would keep the AA buisy we hadn't yet seen. 
Full throttle, flaps are down.  Just as I asked if anybody remembered the stall speed of a c130  we started to lift off.  Well one questions answered.
Gear up, flaps up.  Stag gave me a bearing and Manuel draw me a line towards Tanoha.  We quickly cleared the land and were rewarded with inaccurate AAA fire.  We made it.

Crash zone red

One thing I learned again is that the vanilla choppers thread warning sound is quite low...  That was the end of the first attempt in transporting alfa to the wreck....  I also might have killed the uav with a 40mm... I hadn't seen spotted the wreck between the enemy's and was trying to thin them out... 
Even though I don't think I fired at that position where the big explosion occurred. 

On the second attempt I fucked up the insertion a bit and flew almost directly over the crash site.  Sry Den.  On the other hand the approach that I had I tended would have led directly over the AA team.  I was able to deploy Alfa and Bravo and was shielded by trees from the AA rockets.  After inserting the ground teams I took of to keep ready for extraction when Manuel jiped.  I hope he found the others as I deployed him a bit further up the hill at the turbines. 
After that I landed a kilometer away and set up the radio...  I got a bit worried when there was no traffic for a while but Dan answered and told me he had joined the teams thus there was no more need for LR traffic.
I decided to pass on his offer to join the ground action rather staying intact to extract them and listened on Sr as they approached the crash site while scrolling through 9Gag on my smartphone.  Unfortunately the UAVtook a hit and exploded again.

Lost squad.

A great pass even though the nvgs were unusable even in the clear weather.  But the other choppers were able to provide illumination for me while I was landing and with kimi hmd landing in poor visual condition is much easier than without it.  The ground team boarded quickly.  When I saw someone in front of me provide covering fire I asked for their status and he decided it might be best to hopp on and we took off...  One of the gunships was destroyed while we were leaving the area but the pilot jiped into another role so we continued leaving.  We shortly game under fire by an app but dint take damage.  I landed in the parking lot and we were able to storm the airport bar.
I plead autocorrect
Hello Tanoa,

@Stagwine: Awesome story to read, I really wish I had recorded my POV and even spectating yous with Alias and commentating on your moves as it would've made an awesome action movie (Better than Expendables 3 anyway). Really happy you 4 made it out at the end  8) .

Regarding kills, I'll tell you in private since there's a rule against posting the debriefing kills at the end here because this is more focused on COOP than action.

@Unnamed: Another awesome story. Really happy you had the balls to drive around the LAV against the Abrams to distract it otherwise we were just stuck at the ATC tower based on orders. Good flying too. Though please next time split the wall of text into some easier to read paragraphs. Also it's Den (For Dennis) not Dan.

My POV on Hello Tanoa.

Before starting, my tip for a mission without radios, is to try and get some from any bodies you came near. You can easily pick up from an enemy EI.

Started as Charlie's M107 Sniper with a Thermal Scope with Evans in the Lead, ALIAS and Kah (Sorry about typo in name). Walking on NE outskirts of Balota. Start to take fire behind us and from the air strip. M107 with long range scope whilst out of stamina and constantly shaking at 100m against riflemen is not very good. Everything goes to shit with a lot of shouting in local. Charlie manages to shoot the attackers behind whilst I start dispaching the ones shooting from runway.

We push to hangars and capture the hangar area and ATC. There we see the tank. "Hmm this shouldn't be a problem, ALIAS and I have some AT". We proceed to shoot the tank. Not a scratch on it and now it's angry. It proceeds to shred about 7 people (Evans, ALIAS, Varanon, Alwarren and few others) whilst trying to get to the magical AT crate. No luck. We are down to the 5 people mentioned above by Stag/Unnamed (Manuel,Kah and I) by the time I take command. Manuel and Kah were sharing the shed together, hiding (( ?° ?? ?°)), Unnamed was in the hangar with the LAV and Stag was with me at ATC.

I decide to try and contact unnamed and luckily he had a radio. Since Stag and I were pinned, I decided to try and ask Unnamed to drive LAV and be the bait so we can attempt to go hangar. Surprisingly Unnamed did as ordered and it somehow worked without his death (or ours). Stag and I attempt to load up on missiles but then disaster strikes.

The angry tank shot at the parked Harrier in our hangar, detonating me along side the harrier. Luckily Stag somehow survived and managed to get me up but I was in the open with an AT rocket. Only thing standing between me and angry Abrams was a Dorito Triangle shaped metal part from the hangar stuck in the ground giving me some cover. Sadly it was pointing down and my feet were exposed and took fire. Peeking from my safe triangle I managed to hit the tank and it was still alive. I shot about 8 rockets into it from every AT launcher in the crate to finally disable it.

We then group up and fly in the Seahawk to NWAF and the rest of story was covered well in other's posts.

Regarding my death though, I thought it would be smart if I tried to take it out with a Javelin from crates in middle of airfield (I mean wishful thinking that only 1 of the tanks might be glitched) and only risking me instead of whole party. Shoot Javelin, hit tank, glitched like the first one, turns barrel around and shreds me. Died. Sad times.
(01-10-2016, 07:11 PM)Den link Wrote:@Unnamed: Another awesome story. Really happy you had the balls to drive around the LAV against the Abrams to distract it otherwise we were just stuck at the ATC tower based on orders. Good flying too. Though please next time split the wall of text into some easier to read paragraphs. Also it's Den (For Dennis) not Dan.

sorry Den I hope I got als the "Dan"s in there, also cleared it up a bit, forgot to do so when i finally arrived back home... i can really not recommend to anyone to type 3 pages of text on a smartphone xD. There was even one single "Den" in my whole post. I just really wanted to finally write the AAR, especially after i read Stags splendid report, even though I was still stuck on a train.
Also my autocorrect had put quite some fuckups in there, hope i got all of those aswell.
(01-10-2016, 08:09 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:sorry Den I hope I got als the "Dan"s in there, also cleared it up a bit, forgot to do so when i finally arrived back home... i can really not recommend to anyone to type 3 pages of text on a smartphone xD. There was even one single "Den" in my whole post. I just really wanted to finally write the AAR, especially after i read Stags splendid report, even though I was still stuck on a train.
Also my autocorrect had put quite some fuckups in there, hope i got all of those aswell.

Don't worry, no harm done Smile). You're really dedicated if you typed all of that on your phone .
co13_fhq_crash_site_red

Inserting Viper Green and Viper Red went without problems in low flight.
After that I went on to prove that a heavy transport chopper is not a recon chopper and was shot down by 4 rockets after I got above 30 meter AGL.

co@13_cup_goram_interdiction

Stag led us following Alfa to the outskirts of the town and then into a position from where we were to attack, unfortunately we got spotted when we got into position and came unter fire, Stag was hit and I went to surpress the enemys that had shot him but got us both blown to pieces by the enemy APC in the process.

co@14_fhq_rhs_valiant_hammer

Varanon led us under Den's command  in the middle of the formation, the enemy camps Den wanted us to take out were quickly found and dealt with as was the first fieldgun emplacement. while we held overwatch from uphill the other teams went in and took out the fieldgun and its personel. we regrouped and went on towards the second field gun, where we came under fire from a HMG. the gunner was quickly killed  but then also a APC showed up. It took us a moment to find it, but a rocket fired by Charly pointed to its position.
I asked varanon for a guess how far the thing might be as i'm not good with ranges and he said 200, I said my guess is 150, but aimed for the upper part of it.
My rocket hit low, so it seems to have been somewhere inbetween, but it was enough to kill the APC and free me of the m136.
we regrouped in the camp and stole one of the urals there to go and stop the convoy.
Unfortunately we had (my guess) about 3 AT rockets between us and a number of HE and thermobaric rounds. so the ones with launchers stayed while Den had us get the explosives from the dropped crate.
While we were getting the explosives the AT gunners reported contact with the convoy and we rushed back.
they were able to shoot some of the crews and stop the ural and the UAZ but the tanks passed them, so we boarded the new ural and went in pursuit. the tanks were stuck on a T junction.
I ran up to the middle one and placed my satchel and then ran away. when the tanks started moving I din't wait for Dens command but blew the charge as everyone seemed to be in a safe distance. Den#s command followed just after I had pressed the trigger ^^ . unfortunately only one tank was disabled and the otherones where able to attack the airfield.

@UnNamedGER

You guys pulled off a nice show and i thank you for that.
I watched you convinced that you are going to die in any second now, and i made peace with that thought, i was sad... until i saw you taxi-ing the Hercules, when i saw you taking off and finishing the mission it was like winning the championship for me. All that accumulated tension dissipated in a burst of enthusiasm. It was incredible.

(01-10-2016, 09:00 PM)Den link Wrote:...You're really dedicated if you typed all of that on your phone .

That's really an heroic accomplishment i might add. When i'm texting i'm monosyllabic, anything longer than a short sentence gets me in trouble.

FHQ Crash site red

There are two types of missions I categorically refuse to lead. FHQer or Phantoms. My medication just isnt up to task (consider this as positive feedback).

This was in category first. Fireteam lead ..mmok. My 3rd time in Viper Black.

Mission started in genuine FHQ style. Insertion helicopter was hit and I was already planning where to alt tab for my lobby time. Skyrim wiki? CiA forums? Gun forums ? However Etzus professionalism saved us and he managed to land the helicopter and  got promotion/demotion to infantry with a cool helmet.

We scouted crash site of Ltn Unnamed, who was unfortunately KIA at the crash.  We linked with Viper Red and proceeded closer to crash site, taking light fire during transit. We reached industrial shack and a house where Viper Black held the rear while Red secured crash site. We liked again with Alpha, Den downloaded the data core (that really sounds like Star wars mission) and Freeman detonated the drone. During way out we had slight mishap/detour due unrepairable helicopter and finally cruised to the sunset in commandeered Ural like bosses. Viper black actual thanks Den, Etzu and Freeman for lot of fun.

Great no frills mission. For once FHQer had a sane enemy count. Setting was atmospheric, and I wouldn't mind replaying this now and then, bit like Lost quad.

Goram interdiction

See first sentence of this post. Fortunately Evans took the job. Mission started well. I got my ass stuck on a ladder, and then almost followed wrong team. Bravo actual  got KIA 10 minutes to mission. My spectator mode was bugged. I listened Alwarren report of 'convoy of doom'. I didn't even get to see it. Waah. However now I  know why Azura's star wont store human souls. It wasn't wasted time. Want to play this again. I want to see the 'convoy of doom'.

FHQ Valiant Hammer.

I had to redownload CUP Terrains to solve my issues and it meant I jipped to last half of mission to Variables fireteam. Great atmosphere, light rain, clouds. Moody atmospheric mission and I just tagged along as autorifleman. Mission moment was to watch Variable and Etzu take great shots with their RPGs. I missed the action with convoy as I was getting explosives from crate, but got to trade shots with infantry on the road.

End was really chaoticand one tank managed to take off and head to airfield.

FHQ Prodigal son

See first sentence of first post. This time I was a stupid saboteur. I wanted a slot with least possible responsibility. Fortunately Varanon and Manuel were pros. I was slightly concerned after the nerfs for crash site red that FHQers have lost their edge, but this was assuring return to certified murder.

I liked setup. A lot. Teams at viewdistance to objective.Awesome map/terrain features. Multiple ways to approach. Excellent. Bishop had it coming.

Bravo moved in with ALpha, and then split up, and we proceeded through the ravine. We got contact, and Bravo was totally pinned down at back of some poor shack. We got infantry all over, and Manuel was two times down. It was just the starters. Soon APC parked at our corner, and deplyed a full squad. Somehow we survived this.

Then the Hind arrived.

Helicoper was constantly pummeling us from the sky, and the shack we took cover near, was reduced to rubble. We had to move to bigger building, and during transit, I was hit. I managed to crawl to safety, but it was really matter of time. Hind decimated everyone in my team save me.

I joined Alpha. I was told to put charge. I put a charge. I was told to put another charge. Battle stress/lack of sleep and I fumbled with detonator. I accidentally lit up a satchel. Fortunately we made it. Told you.  I was stupid saboteur. FR hires any rabble these days. On route to south to get Bishop, we took fire from bush, AND the gunship.The end.  Definetely want to play again.

[FHQ] Crash Site Red

It was a good idea to place Viper Green on top of the hill, we could support eh other teams quite well from up there. The APC cost us our team leader, unfortunately.

Goram Interdiction

That BRDM was our doom, basically shot our whole fire team to shit. Our position wasn't that bad, it's just that the position of the APC was better ...

[FHQ] Valiant Hammer

Navigating in the forest without a GPS was kind of scary, but we made it more or less. The camps were pretty easy to deal with, but the vehicles were another thing altogether. Too bad we didn't catch the tanks in time.

The problem on this mission was keeping awareness of the other teams. Without GPS, and with little to no clear line of sight, it was hard to not shoot friendlies.

Den did some good leading on the first part of the mission. Unfortunately, ditching the long range was a fatal mistake, leaving the team without leadership for a minute in a critical situation. That basically failed the mission. Communication is key in such situations, and that was totally missing.

[FHQ] Prodigal Son

That was a hard one. That stupid Hind was pounding us to bits, and the APC did the rest. Add to that the fact that enemies could see through bushes, and we've got a situation we couldn't really win.

Regarding the leadership role:

It should be a rule for team leaders to never drop the long range as long as there are still teams to communicate with. I know that some people would argue to use alternative channel, but that is limited as well, and quite frankly, the team leader's job is to lead, not pick up equipment usually reserved for the specialists.

I've seen this before, the team leader basically taking over roles of specialists. In one mission that I remember, the team leader insisted on getting the AT launcher from the AT guy to take the shot himself, even though the AT gunner felt confident that he would be able to take the shot. This basically singles out the specialist, robbing them of their only purpose in the mission. Never EVER do that.

If you are the team leader, lead the team. Do not play a different role. In fact, this is true for all participants: Never take away the role of someone else, unless of course, that someone else is not capable of fulfilling that role at the moment (be it through being incapacitate, absent or dead). While not always possible, the team leader should really make sure that everyone gets to play the game. Singling out specific people will lessen their enjoyment of the game
(01-11-2016, 02:23 PM)Stagwine link Wrote:Great no frills mission. For once FHQer had a sane enemy count.

Really ? Damn, I failed -_-

Besides, I usually only overdo enemies in guerrilla missions, since, well, guerrillas.

(01-11-2016, 02:23 PM)Stagwine link Wrote:Setting was atmospheric, and I wouldn't mind replaying this now and then, bit like Lost quad.

It's my hope that the mission offers some replay value, since the crash site is randomized.